Logging Activity when I qualify my lifestyle as active . . . .

Options
Hi Friends,

Happy Friday and i'd love your feedback! After a lovely and delicious winter, I'd like to drop 5 lbs by summer. Reasonable, right? But in my goals, I have identified my self as active because I do at least 1 Beachbody workout per day (Either T25, Insanity Max 30, or Turbofire). Should I be inputting my activity, too? Obviously it ups my caloric intake, but I'm wondering your thoughts on whether or not it's double dipping.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    If your lifestyle outside those workouts is truly "active" it's not a double dip at all and the numbers will prove it.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    All of this calorie in and out is an estimate. Set your numbers and go with it for a few weeks. If you’re not getting the results you want (losing too fast or not fast enough), tweak your estimates.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't put your lifestyle as active if that's the case. I believe "active" is something like when you have a really active job (like a waiter on their feet all day, or construction). I have my lifestyle set at sedentary (I'm at a desk all day) but then I work out hard most days for an hour. So, my base calories are 1450 and then my exercise calories (between 450 and 650 depending what class I'm doing) give me some extra calories to play with.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    If you only have your activity level set to active because of your workouts I would change your activity level and then log your workouts. Or keep it at active but don't lot them. If you are active outside of those, like in you daily life and at work then keep it active and log your activities. You can always change it later if you don't like the results after a few weeks