What is your favorite vegetable? How do you eat it?

Options
abbylg1983
abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
So, I've been trying to eat more vegetables lately, and have had moderate success. I mostly eat carrots and broccoli and different kinds of squash. I was eating raw bell peppers for awhile but I got pretty burnt out on them. I like broccoli but I swear it causes pretty severe bloating for me. I've heard cucumbers and celery are pretty nutritionally bare so I don't bother with them, even though I like them. I've been eating lots of Brussel sprouts lately but they're kind of a pain to cook.

Just looking for ideas and ways to prepare- I end up eating most raw because I'm lazy and pressed for time a lot. So, what kind of veggies do you eat? Do you cook it? If so, how?

Replies

• ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I love raw veggies! I will buy a veggie tray and eat that at work. But for cooked veggies, my favorite is asparagus. My son never liked it until I roasted it and let the tips get a little well done. He loves the tips now. I usually use a dash of EVOO and a little ground pepper. I'm a cheese nut so I will add a little bit of sliced parm. on top too sometimes.