pop corn help

Options
2»

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    ok so i feel totally stupid...i got the secret popcorn bags and it say 110 calories for 2tsp non pooped but 15 calories per cup popped and each bag has 5 cups poped. I am confused is it 110 calories for the bag or 75. the pop corn is called pop secret 94% fat free butter microwave popcorn.

it will be 75 calories for the bag.. the store brand i buy is the same way.. i also like skinny girl popcorn.. it's a little higher calorie but delicious

The Skinnygirl Lime and Salt is pretty good!

Not as good as Tostitos Hint of Lime chips, but nothing could replace those. Sadly, I can't have them because a Peachy serving is an entire bag.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    i will be honest when it gets to be about 8pm i am so tired that i dont want to deal with air popping pop corning id rather just grab a bag thats already counted and put in the calories and be done....lol...yeah that sounds so lazy but honest

Hey, that's fine. Not judging you. I do the same thing with oatmeal for breakfast; I know I should buy rolled or steel cut and cook it from scratch and add my own toppings, but it's so much easier to grab a packet of instant and just add water when I get to the office. I also buy Greek yogurt with fruit already in it, even though it's got lots of sugar and adding my own fruit to plain yogurt would be healthier. But sometimes convenience trumps health.
  • Supermom883
    Supermom883 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    yep i am so glad to see i am not the only one having troulbe with pop corn calories
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Super confusing!

If a serving is 110 calories for 3.5 cups and there are 3 servings per bag.. doesn't that mean the entire bag is 330 calories? Is there really 10.5 cups of popcorn in ONE bag?

4j67toc9i0m7.jpg
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Super confusing!

If a serving is 110 calories for 3.5 cups and there are 3 servings per bag.. doesn't that mean the entire bag is 330 calories? Is there really 10.5 cups of popcorn in ONE bag?

4j67toc9i0m7.jpg

Very possibly, yes. That's about one large bowl of popcorn.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    240 calories for the oil in which it pops, 70 calories for the butter poured onto it, and 120 calories for the popcorn. Divided by 4 (we share it equally) = (rounded and to account for the cayenne) 110 calories.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Go with the 15 calories per cup you eat.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    ok now I want some popcorn :smile:
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    we got a movie theater style free standing popcorn maker for christmas. and I've been eating it everyday :/
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    we got a movie theater style free standing popcorn maker for christmas. and I've been eating it everyday :/

That would be the only gift I'd ever need. Forever.

Actually my husband probably should have bought me an engagement popcorn maker instead of ring...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Super confusing!

4j67toc9i0m7.jpg

This is what I have settled. The brand I'm using now is super confusing. I can't even find an entry for it. I just have to mess with the servings until it comes up with what it says on the box.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I'm having good, old fashioned, popped on the stove in a disreputable dutch oven that has been our popcorn popper for years. I'm having a lot but I've planned for it and plan to enjoy every crunchy delicious bite!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    lol this is why i love my air-popper

i have kernel popcorn 3tablespoons ( 40gr) of unpopped popcorn is 120 calories
    Plain and simple
    And yummie scrummie Specially when you want to eat a couple of hundred of something. :)

I have every night 2 or 2.5 servings with the kernel butter spray and seasoning

• Supermom883
    Supermom883 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    im glad to see my love for popcorn is a common thing...and very confusing :)
  • Rocky5030
    Rocky5030 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ok so i feel totally stupid...i got the secret popcorn bags and it say 110 calories for 2tsp non pooped but 15 calories per cup popped and each bag has 5 cups poped. I am confused is it 110 calories for the bag or 75. the pop corn is called pop secret 94% fat free butter microwave popcorn.

We opted to purchase an air popcorn maker for like $15. 5 cups popped has 100 calories and we add a few sprays of butter and some salt. It makes for a pretty large portion of popcorn as a snack.

I used to have the bagged microwave popcorn and we logged it as 110 calories.

Good luck with you endeavors!