Do you set your own daily calorie goal?

Hey MFPs!
I wanted to know if you use the calorie goal mfp assigns you or do u set your own calorie goal? Mfp set my goal for 1300 calories. Sometimes it feels like it's not enough! Help

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    If you don't think that's enough, lower your deficit in order to eat more (even though you'll lose slower, but it might be more appropriate). Don't forget you can eat some of your exercise calories, too!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I used MFP settings at first but always ate back my exercise calories.

I took a peek and see you have just under 100 to lose so 2lbs a week is doable but maybe if you have it set at that and 1300 isn't enough try 1.5lbs a week.

And remember you can eat back 100% of your exercise calories.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    I set my own goal. MFP said to use 1200. I know I could eat back exercise calories but that seemed unpredictable, and without the extra calories I was miserable. So I set it to 1500, exercise when I can but don't eat those calories back. I don't even log the exercise. So now I am on taget to lose 2 pounds a month ( half a pound per week) and it has always been more when I weigh in (i only weigh in once a month.)
    I know I could lose more quickly if I used 1200, but I hated it and won't go back. At 1500 it feels much more comfortable, and I have lost almost 20 pounds in 5+ months. My goal was 24 pounds in a year so I might go past that.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    I had to up mine to 1400ish. 1200 was miserable for me and my family is lucky to have lived lol
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I eat to what the MFP Gods set for me. Do not question their judgment.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    I calculated my TDEE and just set it to that. I hate obsessing over how many/if any exercise calories I should eat back.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    I set my own. I used the Scooby's Workshop calculator to figure out my BMR, TDEE, and reasonable deficit, and used that as my guide. I readjust it periodically as I lose (or... gain :blush:)
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    For a lb a week they were having me eat 1200. I was losing 2-3 lbs a week for months so I am in the process of upping it. I just started 1300. We will see how it goes.