Bulking: time to increase calories?

Options
I currently eat 2,500 calories a day, but I want to increase this to 3,000 because I'm petite and I'm only seeing results on the scale and not physically.
Im 18, I started at 48 kg and now I'm 53 kg my goal is 55 or until I like how I look lol.

Im following the strong curves program

Replies

• terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    So I'm clear, are you gaining weight at 2500 calories?
  • s_hossein
    s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    terizius wrote: »
    So I'm clear, are you gaining weight at 2500 calories?
    Yes, but I'm currently stuck at 53

• terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Once you hit a plateau in weight gain for a few weeks, I think it would be safe to add 100-200 calories per day (so, up to 2700 calories daily). Try that for a few weeks and if you still don't see an increase in weight, keep adding until you do.

As a person gains more weight, their daily calorie requirements increase, so its not abnormal to have to increase calories during a bulk.
  • s_hossein
    s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    terizius wrote: »
    Once you hit a plateau in weight gain for a few weeks, I think it would be safe to add 100-200 calories per day (so, up to 2700 calories daily). Try that for a few weeks and if you still don't see an increase in weight, keep adding until you do.

As a person gains more weight, their daily calorie requirements increase, so its not abnormal to have to increase calories during a bulk.

Thank you!