Discouraged today...

Options
Okay, so I did GREAT my first 2 weeks - lost 10 lbs. I understand that some of it's water weight and such. I was VERY happy with the number though. Today, the end of week 3, I got on the scale and lost NOTHING! Not even a half a pound! I went over calories last weekend but did track everything. The rest of the week I was actually under calories by just a little each day after exercise. I'm under on fat each day, over on fiber, watching sodium intake, drinking my water... :( Anyway, it's just discouraging to feel like you are on track and then to not see a result at all. I'm going to need some real motivating this next week, I think. The numbers going down on the scale keep me going normally.

Anyway, hope everyone else is having a better week! +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!

Niccole

9/14 194
10/5 184
goal 129

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I did GREAT my first 2 weeks - lost 10 lbs. I understand that some of it's water weight and such. I was VERY happy with the number though. Today, the end of week 3, I got on the scale and lost NOTHING! Not even a half a pound! I went over calories last weekend but did track everything. The rest of the week I was actually under calories by just a little each day after exercise. I'm under on fat each day, over on fiber, watching sodium intake, drinking my water... :( Anyway, it's just discouraging to feel like you are on track and then to not see a result at all. I'm going to need some real motivating this next week, I think. The numbers going down on the scale keep me going normally.

Anyway, hope everyone else is having a better week! +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!

Niccole

9/14 194
    10/5 184
    goal 129
  • y300210
    y300210 Posts: 11
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! I know it is hard not to be, but this happens to everyone and the scale is only one way to measure you progress! I have gone two weeks at a time without dropping a pound but measurement went down - if you are working out you could be building muscle and that weighs more - also, unless you have a very expensive scale, they are not all that accurate - our bodies flucate each day, don't let is get you down - focus on what you have done - 10 pounds in two weeks is awesome! That is more than most people do in a month - so you are ahead of the game - just stick to it and it will happen!!
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    don't get discouraged. if you want a menu that gives you proportions and you want to drop weight go to abcrunch.com and download the free menu and shopping list. lots of pluses: in 90 days i have dropped from size 15 to size 13 and the 13 is already loose. my nails are growing and my skin is looking better. i see results from my workouts now that i never used to. try it and tell me what you think.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Maybe you lost inches, but not weight? It's happened to me before, especially if I have been eating more protein and sticking to my exercise routine. In any case - don't be discouraged. If diet was easy, it wouldn't be a four letter word! Hang in there....
  • cwalbrj
    cwalbrj Posts: 61
    Options
    I can tell you about a very good friend of mine who lost 88 lbs. It took her two years of tracking, she joined Curves, etc. Some weeks she would not lose even an ounce and it was so frustrating.. she might go 3 weeks without the slightest budge in that mean old scale. And then boom! she would see a few pounds in one week - sometimes 5 lbs in one week after 3 or 4 weeks of nothing... and then the weight would start moving downward again. She started as a size 24 and now wears 8's and 10's . And still to this day watches everything she eats and tracks it. Don't get discouraged - keep us the good work, I promise you, you will see results !
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements!

I take mine once per month so even if I don't see a budge in the scale I can see loss in one form or another! It is actually a great way to get motivated to keep going!