Hungry day!

Options
What does everyone do when they have a day when they're just hungry ALL DAY. It happens to me every now and then and no matter what I eat or do, I just don't feel full and feel like I'm going to "blow it" all day long. Any tips? This problem is compounded right now with a torn meniscus, so I can't go for a walk to distract myself.

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I eat.

ETA: And those days suck :/
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Oh yes the days where I can eat my own arm. I just muddle through, making sure I'm getting enough fats, protein and keep well hydrated.
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I've been the same today. I've coped with half cups of tea and I have just eaten about half of my exercise calories back when I didn't plan to. But I was hungry and no harm done since I am not over my cals.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    I eat.

Kirby-inhaling-food.gif

• never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have little butter mints I eat. They seem to help stop the "eat all the food" feeling.

I find when I have these days I have unintentionally been low on fat for a few days.
  • jkwolly
    Options
    I eat.

Kirby-inhaling-food.gif
    Legit
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    yeah, i usually just sigh and give in and eat (though i do try to make sure i keep it under my maintenance calories at least) lolol

sometimes ill try to offset it with some extra exercise.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Honestly, those days are hard days, and sometimes you just gotta pick one of two things: either ride it out hungry, or give in and eat, knowing that one day of eating over your calories isn't going to make you gain.
    Sometimes a good dose of peanut butter does help me through a hunger drive.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I hate those days, they happen when I swim in the morning (along with other times). I try eating often, but low calorie.
  • Exegi_Corpus
    Exegi_Corpus Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I mostly try to distract myself and if I am lucky I am at work when it hits.

I am having same issue for 2 days and made a similar post. The problem is that I had huge dinners for 2 days...

One solution I came up is (funny but works for me) that I brush my teeth :)

Good luck.
  • jkwolly
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    I hate those days, they happen when I swim in the morning (along with other times). I try eating often, but low calorie.
    Carbs help!
  • mccindy72
    Options
    Carbs help!

Carbs are actually burned more quickly by the body, especially simple carbs, and you will feel hungry sooner. Protein tends to last longer, and will lead to a longer feeling of satiety.
  • jkwolly
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Carbs help!

Carbs are actually burned more quickly by the body, especially simple carbs, and you will feel hungry sooner. Protein tends to last longer, and will lead to a longer feeling of satiety.
    Of course.

I should have clarified, I prefer a good bunch of carbs after a good swim/longer run. Otherwise I am just ravenous, no matter how much protein I eat.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Carbs help!

Of course.

I should have clarified, I prefer a good bunch of carbs after a good swim/longer run. Otherwise I am just ravenous, no matter how much protein I eat.

That makes sense! Yep, after a good workout, your body is looking for quick fuel, and likes those carbs.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I eat a really dry, dry protein bar with about 20mg+protein & guzzle fake tea (ie., Wyler's Light). It makes me feel really stuffed.
  • ryan_aye
    ryan_aye Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Some peanut butter usually does the trick for me or protein bar. I try to eat slowly and also drink plenty of water to see just how hungry I actually am and hopefully feel full after waiting. If that doesn't work then I'll try a banana and again wait for the hunger to subside. If all else fails then plan C is to gradually eat more but to then increase my workout at the end of the day or plan D is just have one day of going over since one day over is not going to set you back. Good luck!

Also, popcorn. I always have room for popcorn and since I use 2 tbsp olive oil at least it helps keep my LDL low while also making me full.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I drink some more water & see if it helps if not ... then i eat

if I dont i will be more likely to binge like crazy some other time