Best way to achieve a flat tummy after a c-section???

I've had 2 children, one all natural child birth and the other a c-section. A year and a half after my c-section and I still can't seem to lose any weight in my mid section. I'd say my diet and exercise is pretty much on point and where it should be. My arms and legs are toning up nicely, but my mid section won't budge an inch, any suggestions? I jog and go for long bike rides everyday.

Replies

• DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    I never had a c section, but I did give birth to two 9.5 babies, three years apart, the last 17 yrs ago. It took me a good 3 yrs to lose my tummy after baby #2. I was just so stretched out. My advice is just be patient. That area goes through some major changes in 9 months!
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Bump
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Have you looked into doing some strength training? There are some Mommy's tummies here that are amazing from lifting heavy.
  • Raeontherun
    Raeontherun Posts: 107 Member
    Your age? Activity besides cardio?

I had a c section as well
  • Hey
    Many women have this problem and I wrote a blog post about this not so long ago that you can check out :)
    http://socialmediabar.com/lose-belly-fat-after-pregnancy

Feel free to join me on Facebook.
    Im always posting on health, nutrition and exercise :)
    https://www.facebook.com/Thepoweroffruitandveg
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    I am 44 years old. While am not at my goal, I am happy that I am not where I used to be. I am a mom of four children ages 16, 13, 12, and 7. I had one natural birth and 3 C-Sections. You can not spot reduce! What I have been doing is eating well balanced and healthy meals (majority of the time) and have recently started doing some heavy weight lifting. I am seeing awesome results. I focus on different part of the body during each workout. Today was Leg day, tomorrow is shoulders and arms, the next day is Abs/core. I also add about 15 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill daily. I am also a new "runner" and I have completed four 5K and 6K in the last several months.

Here is the pic and hope it may inspire you, my fellow mom!

I wish you lot of luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:

20130603_112916-kdcollage1.jpg
  • LovenderNurse
    LovenderNurse Posts: 57 Member
    I am 33, my c-section was 17 months ago. I have not done strength training. Just lots of cardio at this point, BUT, I will say that after a good run or bike ride my abs BURN. So I know I am getting something. I do yoga and planks, sometimes crunches and I will work with an 8lb weight ball. I can feel my abs are strong beneath the fat, lol. But I just can't seem to get the fat to go away.
  • Raeontherun
    I am 33, my c-section was 17 months ago. I have not done strength training. Just lots of cardio at this point, BUT, I will say that after a good run or bike ride my abs BURN. So I know I am getting something. I do yoga and planks, sometimes crunches and I will work with an 8lb weight ball. I can feel my abs are strong beneath the fat, lol. But I just can't seem to get the fat to go away.

I'm 34 and my daughter is now 2.... See my profile pic, it requires some strength training... I lift heavy
  • LovenderNurse
    I've also heard that doing crunches and such won't get you a flat belly unless you do cardio and first lose the fat that sits un top of the muscles. Is this a myth?
  • LovenderNurse
    Wow, well you look awesome :)
  • Raeontherun
    Cardio is not going to spot reduce your tummy,unfortunately. You need to eat at a deficit and get your lean body mass up..... Then things will even out,so to speak.

70 percent nutrition, 30 percent exercise
  • LovenderNurse
    What sorts of strength training exercises have you found that works best for you?
  • Raeontherun
    What sorts of strength training exercises have you found that works best for you?

I do stronglifts, heavy lifting. You can google it.

Also NROLW is a book many have mentioned on here, to get into weight lifting. I've not read it as I've lifted for years.
  • LovenderNurse
    I wouldn't know where to start, but my friend is a personal trainer so maybe he can give me some pointers too. Never heard of the book, NROLW??? I'm sure that must be an acronym but, I haven't been on MFP for even 2 weeks yet so I haven't really looked on very many boards either.
  • Raeontherun
    New rules of lifting for women
  • LovenderNurse
    Thank you for clearing that up for me!
  • x4mygirlsx
    x4mygirlsx Posts: 129 Member
    Ive had 3 babies in the last 4 yrs. The last 2 via c section. My highest weight was 200lbs. I thought I would NEVER have a flat tummy.

I got from 200lb to 163 by sticking to 1300 cals and not eating exercise calories (although to be fair I didn't do much exercise.)
    From 163lbs to 140lbs I upped my exercise and my calories.

First pic 163 at 3 months post partum
    Second pic 140 (finally healthy bmi) 9 months post partum

janjunesmaller_zpsa9536dba.png

I do a lot of walking, 2hrs a week on the exercise bike and ive done Jillian michaels 30 day shred 3 times (each time I made it to day 15 before I got bored or ill and gave up) I saw the most results in my tummy region during 30 days shred.

I was eating 1200 cals plus most if not all my exercise cals. (unless I just seriously wasn't hungry). I keep carbs between 100g - 150g and I eat clean (I avoid most processed foods).