Day 5 adhering to MFP and today im starving!

Options
2»

Replies

• walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    You shouldnt be starving, where's you veg and fruit.

Damn a whole mix pre brought salad bag is filling and low in cals.
    Fill up on complex carbs veg protein

• Jilly83075
    Options
    My nutritionist told me its also "portion control" so I'll have 1whole egg or 2 egg whites fried in nonstick canola spray, or scrambled or i make omelette with sauteed veggies i e. peppers, onions, mushrooms or left over brocolli, so I can eat smart butter on a sandwich thin (dry just doesnt cut it) Then I can eat more protein later in the form of Greek yogurt Dannon Lite and Fit so much more filling than reg. n/f yogurt add tsp. flax seed milled and 1-2 strawberries. If you spend more time thinking about the amts and in preparation, uhave less time for boredom. If I don't feel like trekking to the gym, I'm lucky have a pool down the block. Can take a walk (try to get local buddy to go), look at some water aerobic exercises or floor exercises u can do at home. Best, turn off tv or leave the computer and do something, as suggested a project. By the way, im not preaching, also lecturing/reminding myself. I too have lapses or I wouldn't be doing this.
  • Jilly83075
    Options
    drewmast3r wrote: »
    Are you hungry or are you bored?

In general, think about ways to add more:
    -fiber
    -protein
    -non-starchy vegetables
    -fluids (eat soup; drink, drink drink!)

I think boredom is a big culprit right now that isn't helping.

I take a dance class on Friday nights. Extra exercise and no thought of food!

Do a project, take a drive, learn a new hobby, go out...there are a million possibilities!

• Jilly83075
    Options
    Also if you go to exercise or dance class or light cooking course you meet like-minded friends, establish more good habits like bike riding, tennis, hiking, etc, even waliking at park or beach. Or go to aconcert (take ome mini carrots to munch on or eat before you go). Often our thought of "going out" revolves around eating and drinking,believe me I know!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    eat what you want, just stay within your calorie goals