New be that's happy to be here

Options
:happy:
My name is Tammy and I am a mother of 3 boys 21, 18, and 13 years old. I live in Vermont and love the seasons here. As for getting healthy I can't wait to get started.

I've packed on the pounds over the years and I am not happy about them, so I am ready to work hard and loss some weight. It's not going to be easy because, temptation is evil. It took along time to put the weight on, so it's going to take a bit to get it off, but with better food habits and exercise it should work right?

I'm five or six days into this MyFitnessPal(MFP) and it is an eye opener. I could use some tips so I'm excited to have some folks to talk to.

So far looking at the fat on this MFP...butter is not my friend; I am going to have to find some substitutes for butter.

I wish everyone good luck with what ever your goals are.

You can do it!

TTYS,
Tam

Replies

• KathyKA007
    KathyKA007 Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome Tammy!! I'm a mother of 2 girls (14 & 9). I've been on MFP for about a year now and have lost some weight. I've been on weight watchers before and I find MFP to be more useful. My advice is for you to track your food every day. Even if you can't work out you will at least see what you ate . For me it was shocking to see how many calories there were for foods that I thought were healthy! Feel free to add me! Good luck in reaching your goal :flowerforyou:
  • mizzcookiebee
    Options
    Welcome Tammy! I've done MFP before, but been gone a while. I have insulin resistance and figured out that was what was making it so hard for me to lose weight. MFP has really shown me that even though I'm not eating junk and that I'm under my calorie count, my sugar is still out the roof! I love it, it has really helped change my life and I know it will help you too. :D Good luck!