Any suggestions on any good weight-loss shakes?

Options
2»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Grab a protein bar and a glass of water. Pre-cut some fruit (coat apples etc with some lemon juice to avoid browning) and eat it at your desk. Have a glass of milk with some protein powder mixed in.

Or contact our resident Shakeology lady (see previous posts in thread) and buy a supply from her that will last you till July.

When you're relaxing on the beach, hungry, and eating more than normal because your body is screaming at you to do so, do remember that not only did you lose more muscle when you dieted fast (leaving you with less lean body mass afterwards); but, on a larger deficit, you also experienced greater adaptive thermogenesis that could well last longer than it would have otherwise.

This means that your resting metabolism could be down as much as 5%, 10% or even 15% for months, or years depending on how long you "diet" and how big of caloric deficit you subject yourself to.

Also, as you exercise to lose weight your muscles tend to become more efficient and able to do the same amount of work for less calories. I've seen figures as high as 20% bandied around.

So, your BMR is lower. Your exercise burns less calories. If your TDEE (and maintenance level) used to be 2500, and all this happens to you, all of a sudden the same amount of activity could be generating a TDEE of only 2300.

Only 200 calories difference you say; that's nothing!

Yup, I say. Only 200 calories a day -- which is just about 20lbs a year -- for the same amount of activity you used to engage in before!

But the two week vacation in Hawaii is so totally worth ANYTHING.

(Cue friend Sue: Ha: look at that picture of me in Hawaii when I was 26. I used to think I looked so fat and didn't want my mom to take it, and she said: "you will look at it someday and love it". Didn't I just use to look great back then?")

Links to further information found near the end of my links blog pody: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/PAV8888/view/interesting-links-updates-randomly-741046