My first marathon... any others first time racers?

Options
AnneElise
AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
I start the training for my first marathon tommorow. I know I am going to have some hard days and I was wondering if anyone is starting training for a race soon and wants to be a accountability partner with me? My race is October 17th but anyone with a race around then would work. Anyone interested?

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Im doing one OCT 3rd in Minneapolis...i didnt get to finish my first cause of an injury but im going for total glory in this one...shooting for boston!!! Im with ya!!!! Friend me on here!!!
  • dtraylor
    dtraylor Posts: 32
    Options
    I don't race but just wanted to congratulate you on your decision. I don't know if i'll ever run a full marathon, may have waited too long to begin training, but I think I could do a half marathon some day, so I'm upping my training and losing some weight with that in mind. Just found out today that you can't run as hard two days after giving blood, lol, your heart rate goes up higher. Good luck.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    I don't race but just wanted to congratulate you on your decision. I don't know if i'll ever run a full marathon, may have waited too long to begin training, but I think I could do a half marathon some day, so I'm upping my training and losing some weight with that in mind. Just found out today that you can't run as hard two days after giving blood, lol, your heart rate goes up higher. Good luck.

Thank you! I am excited about it and nervous about it! What I found is once i signed up for the marathon there was no turning back :D
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    my first Half is in oct 30th! ill train along with ya :P i
  • jenjen84
    jenjen84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am running my first marathon on October 10th in Chicago!! It will be nice to have a training partner!!
  • pinkerbell17
    pinkerbell17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first half September 18th! I would be happy to train with you! :)
  • choran
    choran Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I am going to do my first marathon the 25th October and would love to be involved in the group!!! I am really excited and super motivated at the moment but I am sure I am going to have my dark days and would love to have a support group to lean on!!!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    awesome! I am so excited to have partners! I am running detroit the 17th. Almost ran Chicago but the 17th was a better date for me! Chicago is a great marathon, i have watched it and loved it!
  • sfstallworth
    Options
    I just ran my second half marathon today and I have my second full marathon to start training for that is on October 9. Would love to join you on your marathon journey! The experience of training and actually running your first race is something that you will never forget or experience again, regardless of how many other races you may run and train for afterward.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You people are amazing!

My goal is to run a marathon, either New York or Boston because both are cities that I would love to visit. Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    You people are amazing!

My goal is to run a marathon, either New York or Boston because both are cities that I would love to visit. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Thanks :D I thought about doing those.... NY isn't a time I could do it and Boston is REALLY hilly :D
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    Hi, I'll join you, i am doing my first half marathon in september, so will definetley need motivation and to be kept accountable for doing this.

what / how are you planning on doing this??

send me a friend request