how do you overcome the urge to over eat?

Options
Hey Folks,

I'm on a low carb and low calorie diet at the moment. I've been sure to take my supplements, drink enough water and replace electrolytes, get my protein in. Apart from sugar withdrawal headaches the first couple days, it had been an easy week.

Today was the first day (day 6) the legit hunger caught up with me. I "binged" on a couple extra ounces of deli meat and sugar-free jello, but I'm irritated that I didn't meet my goal. I couldn't talk myself out of eating more, even though it would have been really satisfying to do so. (In this case, I was really hungry because I'd burned a lot of calories the day before, but I'm sure there will be times soon when I want to eat just to eat.)

Any tips or tricks you all use for times like this? How do you stop yourself from getting outta line?

Thanks!

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I think your first sentence says it all! For most people, eating low calorie will lead to bi going. Try going to a lower deficit.
  • Ortax
    Ortax Posts: 98
    Options
    Drink a lot of water before you eat, then see if you're still hungry. I also remind myself that whenever I have I crave something like pizza or fast food, it's never even worth it when I'm done eating it.