I'm working, why isn't it showing yet???

Options
I have been back at this seriously for about a month. I travel a lot for work, but I'm almost always under my calories, and have a deficit of 700-1000 calories (via my bodymedia) almost every day. My husband swears he's seeing changes, but the scale and the tape measure indicate otherwise. I'm just so frustrated, but I don't want to quit...Am I just impatient?

Replies

• RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    I see on your tracker you've lost 6 pounds? That is 1.5 pounds a week. Sounds like an excellent start to me!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...Am I just impatient?

Yes.

This is a long-term project. Slow and steady wins the race! :flowerforyou:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    You've lost 6 lbs over a month and you don't think it's working?
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I would say ignore the scales but it does sound odd that the measurements are staying the same.

Cast a really critical eye over your records - are you logging every bit of food & drink and is it being logged correctly?
    I kept losing and gaining the same 6lbs/3 inches on my waist for a year because I wasn't being 100% with my logging.

When I did get strict with it, it became very plain that although I was working out 5 x a week for 45mins, I would also overeat most days by 100-300 cals - basically a couple of biscuits/ a creamy coffee worth. Enough to slowly but steadily keep adding weight on.

6lbs over the course of 4 weeks sounds like a sustainable weight loss. Keep at it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    exactly what kinds of changes were you hoping to see after 6 pounds?
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    6 pounds in 1 month is something.
  • lilpocketrocket
    lilpocketrocket Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Seems like you are making good progress in your journey....maybe take the focus off of the scale...and focus on how you are feeling and how your clothes are fitting.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ...Am I just impatient?

Yes.

This is a long-term project. Slow and steady wins the race! :flowerforyou:

this!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You've lost 6 lbs over a month and you don't think it's working?

and this!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Patience is a virtue
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Yes you are being impatient. Rome wasn't built in a day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Or you're not eating enough. Anything over a 500 calorie deficit is a lot.
  • ferocityturbine
    ferocityturbine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sorry to bring maths into it, but at a 750cal deficit each day over one week = 5250.

1lb is equal to 3500cal.

5250 = 1.5lbs a week, or 6lbs in a month.

You're progress is great :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Take pictures too. I suck at using a measuring tape. Like completely fail. My thighs are .5 inches smaller than they were two months ago. However, pants that were tight two months ago I can no curtsy in. Use lots of different tools to track your progress: scale, tape measure, pictures, the fit of your clothes, fitness milestones, and how you feel day to day.