Devil in Diet Coke

Options
I have been on a diet for a few weeks now and already lost half a stone, due to the exercise and healthy eating. I decided to have a treat day every 2 weeks and last night was the first one. The results were shocking.

I had a bottle of diet coke and all it did was make me bloat and crave junk like no tomorrow. In addition to this I also treated myself to a cinnamon pastry with cream cheese frosting. The sugar levels in this made me go dizzy and nearly throw up. I had to have a nap because I suddenly felt lethargic.

Whilst this sounds like a terrible treat day, I must admit that I want them to remain like this. I spend days looking forward to the set treat day and when it arrives I am shocked at how my body now reacts to sugar and junk food in general.

My advice is keep the treat days, because they really will put you off them altogether in the very near future.

I also think it is safe to say that the treats are going to be a lot smaller now and totally void of fizzy "diet" drinks.

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I dunno, I like my treat days. The closest I have come to your experience is with salt. I never drank water before so once I went water exclusive it was a bit shocking. Everything was too salty for a bit and I cut back on a lot of stuff.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Why does weight get referred to as stone? I always wondered why. Sorry off topic. I don't drink pop but hear it can stimulate the appetite and can bloat due to the carbonation.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    lulucitron wrote: »
    Why does weight get referred to as stone? I always wondered why. Sorry off topic. I don't drink pop but hear it can stimulate the appetite and can bloat due to the carbonation.

I believe stone is the weight measurement for Europeans. They do not use lbs but it can be converted back and forth.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I've had this reaction to salt as well...simple veggies can taste way too salty to me now (like celery).

Greasy food has always given me an upset stomach...unfortunately an overload of sugar doesn't seem to bother me. :wink:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,247 Member
    Options
    I have never had a response like that to foods such as that. When I have them I enjoy them with no repercussions except a short term weight gain.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I have never had a response like that to foods such as that. When I have them I enjoy them with no repercussions except a short term weight gain.

Same here.

OP, the adverse effects of eating the foods you mentioned, dizziness, nausea and a sudden onset of tiredness so great you needed to sleep, are not normal, maybe you should see a medical professional.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,096 Member
    Options
    I've never had these reactions either.

Mind you, I've never saved up things like that for treat days, I just have a little bit whenever I have it, so long as the portion fits my weekly calories.
    And I drink diet coke whenever as that has no calories.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I drink one every day with no problems, maybe your slightly dehydrated