Do you make your own fresh juices

Options
KellieTru
KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
Hey everyone! I own an Omega 8006 juicer and was wondering if anyone on here juices also. What are your go-to juicing recipes? My juice today was one grapefruit, one very small beet, one small pomegranate, four medium carrots, and a slice of ginger. It tasted pretty good but I think next time I'll leave the ginger out as it tended to overpower. Looking forward to hearing other member's favourites.

Replies

• lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I haven't since I started tracking my macros but used to juice with beets, celery, lemon, carrot, granny smith apple
  • mariastafeler
    mariastafeler Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I make orange juice,apple juice and carrot juice often
  • snickers6486
    snickers6486 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Apple, pear, lemon, orange, carrot, cucumber, ginger, beets and ground cinnamon. I also have an Omega and love it.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The ground cinnamon is a nice touch!
    I'm so glad I bought an Omega...so easy to clean!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie everyday for lunch. I don't juice because it really bothers me throwing away the most nutritious part the pulp/fibre.
  • Garebearrr
    Garebearrr Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie everyday for lunch. I don't juice because it really bothers me throwing away the most nutritious part the pulp/fibre.

90%+ of the nutrients are not in the pulp, it's in the substance being extracted. I personally get way too much fiber anyways.

On a side note... I have the omega too :)
    I like:

Handful Pea sprouts, handful sunflower seed sprouts, 3-4 kale, 1 whole cucumber, 2-3 celery, half a lime, small ginger root thumb. The ginger and lime are so amazing! Cooling/warming affect. Also turmeric root adds an interesting taste. I don't add fruit so I'm not getting overload of sugar, nothing against it just have to for health reasons.
  • snickers6486
    snickers6486 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There are multiple recipes to use your left over pulp with. I make pulp crackers which are basically all fiber. You can make them with your oven or a dehydrator. I use them as a white bread replacement. Add pulp to make turkey meatloaf extra moist. Add pulp to scrambled eggs.
    Add fruit pulp to make pancakes. Do a web search for "Pulp recipes" you will find all sorts of ideas. If all else fails compost your leftovers instead of throwing them in the trash.
    Contact me if you would like other ideas, I hate throwing food away.