Turned my binge day around!

Options
Hey all, I'm just feeling proud of myself today so I thought I'd share.
My family was visiting me today and we were out shopping, and afterwards we went to eat at a greek buffet (oh god, the infinite garlic bread!).
I started out with a plate (a fairly big one, not gonna lie, was plenty of salad on it tho!), and I was gonna go grab another one (since that's what I usually do at buffets, more food for free, yay) but in the end I decided not to. I've been trying to make myself stop eating when I feel satisfied/full, and I didn't even grab a (again, free) piece of dessert!

Afterwards, though, I really felt like eating ice cream, so I pre-logged a 625 cal ice cream. When we got home, I felt pretty tired from going around shopping all day so I decided to rest for a bit before going to the store, but then I just randomly decided I didn't want to eat the ice cream. AND, instead I though I'd go out and try my new bicycle that I bought today, ended up at the gym and ran for over an hour on the treadmill.

And this is someone who usually cannot contain herself on 'cheat days' and usually just ends up binge eating.

TlsUWos.jpg

Sooo TIL apparently you can stop a day that seems to start out as a complete binge day. Yay! :)

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,721 Member
    Options
    Good Job!

And that's why I don't agree with turning the occasional "big" meal into a free for all day that doesn't get logged on purpose.

Practically you may not be able to correctly log a buffet; but, there is a big difference between that and deliberately deciding that you will not log anything in order to go hog wild!

Again: Good job!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    GJ Im always thinking in terms of how much food I have earned/ burnt whilst doing exercise. Its always a lot of exercise for not a lot of food.
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Good Job!

And that's why I don't agree with turning the occasional "big" meal into a free for all day that doesn't get logged on purpose.

Practically you may not be able to correctly log a buffet; but, there is a big difference between that and deliberately deciding that you will not log anything in order to go hog wild!

Indeed, 6 days a week I am doing really well with hitting my calorie goal, so my next step is to learn to contain myself on my "cheat" days, which I'm trying to just turn into a single "cheat" meal instead, since these are the days I always screw up on. Today was a big step in the right direction for me in that regard, showing myself I can in fact limit myself and not just let go of everything.

Thank you!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Good Job!

I don't understand that either. It's not like if you don't log it that it didn't happen. Scales don't lie man!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Great choices! I love this story.
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Good Job!
    I don't understand that either. It's not like if you don't log it that it didn't happen. Scales don't lie man!

?

Actually whether scales lie is a pretty big discussion by itself. Especially for 2-3 days after you carb load.

So not so sure what you would like to see not happen?

You don't want binge days? You don't want large meals? What's your take?

My take is that binge days are NOT OK; but that large meals ARE OK.

Balancing calories weekly is good enough, and for some (not including myself as of yet) balancing every two weeks would be fine too!

While I prefer to be able to log a meal properly; I will not die if I am not able to do so for practical purposes.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Good Job!

?

Actually whether scales lie is a pretty big discussion by itself. Especially for 2-3 days after you carb load.

So not so sure what you would like to see not happen?

You don't want binge days? You don't want large meals? What's your take?

I was agreeing with you
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    GJ Im always thinking in terms of how much food I have earned/ burnt whilst doing exercise. Its always a lot of exercise for not a lot of food.

:laugh: Me too!!!

As for going to a buffet... Sorry folks, but when i go to an all you can eat place, which is very rarely! I will eat as much as humanly possibly :grimace:

• PAV8888
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I was agreeing with you
    Yikes! I have been over-trolled these past couple of days, so I am getting trigger happy! Sorry!
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »

:laugh: Me too!!!

As for going to a buffet... Sorry folks, but when i go to an all you can eat place, which is very rarely! I will eat as much as humanly possibly :grimace:

me too, so i've not gone in a loooong time :smile:
    OP, this is fantastic to hear. You got to feel amazing about yourself, I'm sure you do :smiley:
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »

me too, so i've not gone in a loooong time :smile:
    OP, this is fantastic to hear. You got to feel amazing about yourself, I'm sure you do :smiley:

I really do! :)
    I was also prepared to see the scale go in the wrong direction this morning (just woke up) because I did much more cardio than my body is used to (usually I'll at most do only like 30 mins of running or so per week.. I just enjoy lifting so much more) and I also DID eat at that buffet, but in the end I'm down 0,4 lbs, so success! :blush: