How do you stay motivated at gym

Options
at night like now I'm super motivated and want to go do a workout. But when I'm there I'm tired and sloppy and just give up. Like I don one rep then say that's enough. My mum personal trains me and maybe that's why I find it so easy to say no. Do you have any tips to stay motivated and keep at it. Thanks xx

Replies

• IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    There's a common saying in the fitness industry that states: you can't coach family.
    So that might in fact be the first issue you need to get your head around!
    Perhaps don't see your mum as a coach, but more as a training partner.

Now to address your motivation question.
    I don't know what works for you personally. My motivation is progressive improvement.
    I make it a habit of taking weekly photos of myself. Even from one week to the next, you should physically see change from diet and exercise.

The issue that comes to mind though is that if you don't love what you do, you'll never feel like doing it. It'll always be a chore that you need to get out of the way.
    Granted there are times that it WILL feel this way, but exercise should be seen as part of your life. It's a journey that doesn't end when you drop 5 kilos.
    So.. If you're not waking up each morning excited to exercise, look for an exercise program that actually will motivate you..
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You don't always have the motivation. You just need to suck it up and go. Schedule it in to your diary, and get there whether you feel like it or not. Make the effort whether you feel like it or not.....there will be bad days amongst the awesome days, and some bad days will even become awesome days. Having a goal helps
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need a completely different exercise routine or sport? It sounds like whatever you are doing right now does not interest you much. What are you currently doing? What sounds like fun to you?