Dinner suggestions please..

Options
Having had a usual round robin of the same old dinners I'm just wondering what people are having for dinner so I can nab some ideas for aiding weight loss.. :)

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I like the blog "100 days of real food" it's a bit trippy with the anti-GMO nonsense but the recipes are truly awesome.

I've also heard good things about the pioneer woman.

Also, but a slow cooker. You woulnt regret it.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I just popped this in the oven.

1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
    1 boneless chicken breast
    16 ounces of California blend frozen veggies.
    1 tablespoon of Goya Culantro cooking base

So far all of that is about 400 calories. I will probably make some brown rice to go with it and eat half for dinner and save the rest for tomorrow's lunch.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I'll be having leftovers of the Skinnytaste mushroom risotto I made last night. Highly recommended!
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I also recommend checking out skinny taste. Having the potatoe soup for supper
  • Carpe_diem1983
    Carpe_diem1983 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I need some new ideas too...
    I tend to have turkey chili, bruschetta chicken, man pleasing chicken, sirloin steak and vegis a lot.
    Look up man pleasing chicken on iowagirleats.com. I just replace pasta with more steamed vegis. To die for.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I am having cubed steaks and mashed potatoes. Cubed steak is pretty low fat beef and I season it with Beefy Onion Soup mix and water. Or you can cook it with cream of mushroom or chicken.
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't follow low calorie. I just eat the amount that will fit into my day and try to plan for it. Tonight we're having baked shrimp scampi from Ina Garten's recipe and green beans with shallots. Kids are putting the shrimp over pasta. DH and I are taking care of that open bottle of wine from the shrimp marinade ;) Shrimp is low calorie and you can reduce the butter and oil by quite a bit, if desired. So Good!
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/baked-shrimp-scampi-recipe.html
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/string-beans-with-shallots-recipe.html
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is cilantro lime chicken.

1 chicken breast, cubed (will serve me and hubby)
    2-3 limes
    Cilantro to taste
    Salt and pepper
    Cayenne pepper
    Garlic (fresh or powdered)

Basically, toss the chicken with some oil or cooking spray (to save calories) in a HOT skillet. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic. I usually squeeze in about half my limes then the other half after I flip my chicken. Cook chicken through. Then at the very end, zest a lime or two and throw in your cilantro.

Goes great with soft taco shells and avocados or on a salad.
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I'm making grilled boneless, skinless chicken thighs with an apricot-garlic glaze
  • Kim_S_G
    Kim_S_G Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    ground turkey on whole wheat tortilla
    top with salsa (or taco sauce), lettuce, tomato and shredded cheese
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Garlic Lime Chicken – Serves 2

2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
    2 teaspoons butter
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
    1 ½ tablespoons lime juice

SEASONING
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    ¼ teaspoon pepper
    Pinch of cayenne pepper
    Pinch of paprika
    ½ teaspoon garlic powder
    ¼ teaspoon onion powder
    ¼ teaspoon thyme

Mix seasonings together in large zip-top baggie. Add chicken breasts to the bag, seal, and smoosh around until all chicken is well coated with seasoning.
    Add butter and olive oil to pan and melt.
    Add chicken and cook on both sides until done. Remove from pan and keep warm.
    To skillet, add lime juice and broth. Using a whisk, mix the liquids and browned bits off pan bottom and sides. Continue cooking until sauce has reduced slightly.
    Add chicken back to the pan, coating with the sauce. Then serve.
  • 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    tonight's dinner was roasted turkey breast, broiled veggie kabobs, and french fries with a mustard garlic onion jam; ice cream sandwich for dessert.
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I'm making grilled boneless, skinless chicken thighs with an apricot-garlic glaze

You can probably avoid the apricot glaze and just use garlic.
    then it wouldn't be an apricot glaze -- it would just be garlic. I love the sweetness...

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i had ice cream for dinner.....