New, lost on food diary...?

niksnewshape
niksnewshape Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! I'm totallty new to this awesome fitnesspal! Yet don't have a clue on a couple things bout the food diary. If I ate fresh strawberries & bananas how do I track that? Do I have to be on a certain diet?
Nik

Replies

• KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Click on the Food tab at the top, it will take you to your food diary. Click Add Food under the appropriate meal, and just type in what you ate and it will give you choices. Then select the one that most fits, and how much you ate, and it will enter it into your diary.
  • Tinapd
    Tinapd Posts: 6
    No you don't have to been on a certain type of diet. To record your food go to the Food tab at the top of the page. You will see a research box. Type in strawberries and up will pop a list of options. Choose the type of strawberries (e.g., fresh, frozen, etc.) and the amount you ate and you are done.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    This isn't a diet. Just stay within the nutritional guidelines MFP gave you, like calories, fat, carbs, etc, and you should be fine.
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    First, welcome! This is a great site!

Go to the food diary and type in strawberries and log it. Then type in bananas and log it. :) Simple as that. Try to break down everything you eat because you'll get a better calorie reading.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • Awesome, thank you everyone! I have figured it out, this is going to be awesome!
This discussion has been closed.