What motivates you the most to lose the weight?

Options
I have recently taken the leap back into the fit world within myself. I recently lost 35Ibs within a year. I'm currently at 232Ibs. My goal is 200Ibs. So I began thinking to myself, what has has driven me to where I am now. The one thing that keeps me going is not only my family but the glowing light I have been feeling with the weight loss. I can imagine another 35Ibs less. What is your motivation to keep yourself saying LET'S GO!

Replies

• rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    For me it is my Health... I feel so much better at a certain weight and my aches/pains go away if I exercise.
    Also I want to be able to enjoy my grandkids. (when they get here)haha.
  • javenharris2015
    javenharris2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I agree I noticed my bones were getting achy and my blood pressure went through the roof. Not to mention I could barely get up without seeing stars.
  • P90xMandy
    P90xMandy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What really motivates me is the thought of being able to indulge the fashionista within without looking like a stuffed sausage, and not having to censor pictures people take of me because I look so much fatter in the pictures than I do in my head :))
  • javenharris2015
    javenharris2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Exactly, one thing I noticed while losing weight is the clothes start to look better and feel great in anything.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Exactly, one thing I noticed while losing weight is the clothes start to look better and feel great in anything.

I agree. Now I can't pass a clothing store without wanting to go in and try things on that I probably couldn't fit into before
  • Winston817
    Winston817 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Wine....well that and not ever having to lose 51 pounds ever again. .
  • kittyzoso
    kittyzoso Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My health and the desire to live forever! I want to be around as long as possible and live independently in my later years.
  • gyal3
    gyal3 Posts: 48 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    scared of being a diabetic- better to live as one, than it is to truly be one
    That and the usual conceited thing like wanting to look better :wink:
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Keeping up with my children.
  • carys2015
    carys2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    To not have to spend the entire day shopping because they dont have my size in the clothes I like. Also feeling sexy again.
  • sevenactual
    sevenactual Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    "The more you sweat in peace - the less you bleed in war."
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The desire to not be like several of my older family members who suffer from poor health.
    Vanity.
    I might like to get a hot date someday.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be diabetic anymore. Besides more pills to take, the restrictions on eating make me want to smack something (I want to eat a whole banana. More than 16 grapes...). That and just overall health is so much better feeling.
  • cdcruizer05
    cdcruizer05 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Mainly being healthy and feeling good about myself...
  • JessieLMay
    JessieLMay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    P90xMandy wrote: »
    What really motivates me is the thought of being able to indulge the fashionista within without looking like a stuffed sausage, and not having to censor pictures people take of me because I look so much fatter in the pictures than I do in my head :))

^^yep, this lol
  • JessieLMay
    JessieLMay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just want to like myself...to look in the mirror and not hate myself on a daily basis.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Losing weight motivates me to lose more weight. The way I feel, the way I look, the things I can do now.
  • lovemyman12
    lovemyman12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have not taken good care of myself through the years, now I am 59 years old, over weight. Decided to join the gym and on my second day I fell and broke my arm. But I refuse to give up so I started juicing for life. I am 6 days in and 8lbs lighter.
  • vikkilynn21
    Options
    carys2015 wrote: »
    To not have to spend the entire day shopping because they dont have my size in the clothes I like. Also feeling sexy again.
    JessieLMay wrote: »
    I just want to like myself...to look in the mirror and not hate myself on a daily basis.

These things haunt me every day. I recently made a big move to Florida and everyone around me is in decent to great shape. It's almost intimidating. I also want this because as much as I feel bad about myself, my boyfriend has some of the same issues. We're in this together for each other. We've already cut out junk food and im starting to feel a little better. Just a little less dense.
  • Fatbuster17
    Fatbuster17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My motivation is the feeling of success with every pound lost...it encourages me to keep going. Also being able to wear clothes that I have not worn in years is definitely a motivator...( they are not too out of style I hope!) When I see myself in photos now, I know I still have a long way to go before I am comfortable with being in photos again! So, yeah a little vanity in there too....Mostly though, it is for my health and for my family.