What would you say was the most effective workout?

Options
What is your most effective work out? I plan on running 3-5 miles 4 times a week week to cut the weight

Replies

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Honestly I wished I started lifting sooner ...really transformed my body. My other fave is HIIT.
  • javenharris2015
    javenharris2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I noticed I need to up my cardio. So I'm going on a 4 week crash diet. All lean meats and veggies. Adding running 3 days a week.

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Effective in what way exactly?

I'm using Zombies,Run!5k to get back into running. It's working. I'm able to run for a longer duration than I have been able to in years. I was actually able to run for 5 mins straight for the first time in years today and I didn't just do it once during the workout but twice. Once right after the warm up and once after the walk/run/calf raise drills.

I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5 3 times a week to help increase strength. Also working. For example, I struggled to do a 45lb deadlift (just the dang bar) the first couple of times, but the next time I go I'm going to attempt 60 lbs for the first time ever. It's also going to help me maintain some of my muscle mass which is an awesome bonus.

None of my workouts are for "losing weight." My calorie deficit on here is for that. My workouts are to help me get stronger, run longer (and eventually faster), and hopefully come August I'll be ready for my first Mud Run.

• javenharris2015
    javenharris2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nice. I plan on doing a couple 5k this summer. I'm focused on getting my core stronger by alot of core workouts. You would be surprised how agile you can become with core workouts. I may do the 5x5 work outs for strength as well. I am looking into the Rugged Maniac run in August.
  • cruzmom123
    cruzmom123 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Cardio always works for me. The more sweat, the better! Lol
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    For calorie burn, my best burns are from the Woodway Curve, and from Zumba.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I noticed I need to up my cardio. So I'm going on a 4 week crash diet. All lean meats and veggies. Adding running 3 days a week.

What? You need to up cardio so you're going to go on a crash diet? How are they related?

The most effective workout will entirely depend on your goals. If you're trying to build muscle, running isn't going to be an effective workout. If you're trying to train for a marathon, going to a dance class isn't the most effective exercise...
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Pick up the weight and put the weight down...repeat. Add in cardio sessions and tighten up the diet. <-- My effective workout
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!