Doesn't seem to make a difference

Options
Up front....I don't have a ton of weight to lose. But I am overweight, and would like to see a lower number on the scale/lose the excess/get fit.

Here's the thing. It seems like I am destined to be this weight. It is though nothing I do matters. Even when I'm being really horrible about the type/amount of food I don't seem to get much heavier than where I'm at. Likewise, when I go through periods of busting my chaps the scale doesn't want to move in the other direction either.
Yeah, I know that the number doesn't tell the whole story.

Maybe I'm just feeling impatient? Frustrated? Ha! Maybe it just feels like that cuz I didn't eat well today?

Thanks for the venting opportunity....

Replies

• heatherbrazilmiller
    Options
    How is your water intake? Do you follow a meal plan and or exercise routine?
  • bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My money is on impatient. Happens to all of us.
  • pickle8pickle
    pickle8pickle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Water is pretty much all I drink. (If you ignore the beers I've had today!) No, seriously, I usually get plenty of water.

And yes, patience has not always been one of my virtues. Sigh.
    Back at it tomorrow then.
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Judging from your profile, you are very near your target weight. Unfortunately, I don't have experience with trying to lose just a few and being close. I've either been there or way above. However, there are plenty of people on this forum who can and will identify with how long it takes to lose those last few pounds. Some stay the course and take the time to get there. Some decide that recomposition is preferable and maintain their weight while slowly changing their size and shape to their satisfaction. Some think that there's nothing that they can do.

Choose your path.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food on a food scale?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How is 4 pounds overweight?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    How is 4 pounds overweight?

This.

4 pounds is natural fluctuations.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    how about lift weights to shape your body….soooo many posts on here on how that makes you way smaller even if the scale doesn't move.
  • pickle8pickle
    pickle8pickle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the weight on my profile isn't exactly accurate. When I signed up I was guessing, as I didn't have a scale. I should figure out how to fix that!