Thyroid and hysterectomies

Options
having a problem kissing weight due to these too things I have tried to do less calories but still nothing and I feel like I'm starving :s

Replies

• Lilpup7473
    Lilpup7473 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time since my hysterectomy, having my gall bladder removed and I also have hypothyroidism!! I was down quite a bit 2 years ago. Then bam- my weight sky rocketed. I am now at a very high weight ! I've gained 40 lbs! Didn't help I broke my leg at Xmas!! I am slowly working on it but with all this against me it feels nearly impossible! I'm hoping with the low calorie - increase activity I should start seeing sum results.. I also have a terrible sweet tooth!
  • Lilpup7473
    Lilpup7473 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Valerie- are u on any thyroid or hormone replacement?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Lilpup7473 wrote: »
    I am having a hard time since my hysterectomy, having my gall bladder removed and I also have hypothyroidism!! I was down quite a bit 2 years ago. Then bam- my weight sky rocketed. I am now at a very high weight ! I've gained 40 lbs! Didn't help I broke my leg at Xmas!! I am slowly working on it but with all this against me it feels nearly impossible! I'm hoping with the low calorie - increase activity I should start seeing sum results.. I also have a terrible sweet tooth!

I have all of those issues and many more. I've lost 90 pounds anyhow.

It's harder, but not impossible. Step one is to start tracking everything and step two is to stop making excuses. It can be done!
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Replace your thyroid hormone, then eat less than you burn. That's all there is to it.
  • shell3219
    shell3219 Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've just started taking thyroid tablets as mine was overactive. I've put on 10lbs in 2 months and I've been eating less. I'm unable to do many standard excersies due to having CFS and FM. Anyone any ideas for stopping the weight coming back.
  • hellbettybrat
    hellbettybrat Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    shell3219 wrote: »
    I've just started taking thyroid tablets as mine was overactive. I've put on 10lbs in 2 months and I've been eating less. I'm unable to do many standard excersies due to having CFS and FM. Anyone any ideas for stopping the weight coming back.

I was treated for hyperthyroidism last summer and it tipped me over into hypo - my consultant told me it would take around 2 years to normalize. In the first 4 months I gained over 30 pounds, going from 104 (I'm 5'0") to 136lbs. I've stopped gaining weight now but I'm not losing yet. I can see a difference in my body from increasing excersize and I started recording in MFP food diary just over two weeks ago which is helping. I was almost diagnosed with CFS too but these issues were symptoms of hyperthyroidism and disappeared a few months following treatment.

• 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    Replace your thyroid hormone, then eat less than you burn. That's all there is to it.
    This flippant reply is unkind. Thyroid issues coupled with a hysterectomy (particularly if the ovaries have been removed) make weight loss very difficult indeed. But it can be done, it takes a lot of patience and dedication. Far more than if you retained your ovaries, even after menopause. Can I suggest doing some resistance training and lifting weights combined with cardio as well as a calorie controlled diet? The weight will disappear, slowly it is true, but it will go. Also ask for support from women in the same situation as you. Good luck.
  • Valeriehelms072675
    Valeriehelms072675 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Lilpup7473 wrote: »
    Valerie- are u on any thyroid or hormone replacement?

Is I am on thyroid pills have been for about 9 years