Juicing For Breakfast

Options
Start juicing for breakfast. Most of you do not eat breakfast. However, your body still need the nutrients and energy to get you to lunch or dinner.

My favorite juice for the mornings is a mix of carrots, celery, and apple.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How do you know most people don't eat breakfast?

And, if someone doesn't eat breakfast, why is that a problem? There are many people here who have had success with IF. If someone isn't hungry, why do they need juice?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

And, if someone doesn't eat breakfast, why is that a problem? There are many people here who have had success with IF. If someone isn't hungry, why do they need juice?

This.

And why would I want to consume a "meal" that consisted only of carbs?

I have no issue getting in enough nutrients despite not eating breakfast. I eat around 2kg fresh fruit and vegetables a day. I prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them - i find it much more satisfying and chewing food encourages my digestive system to work properly.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    kbaileysr wrote: »
    Start juicing for breakfast. Most of you do not eat breakfast. However, your body still need the nutrients and energy to get you to lunch or dinner.

My favorite juice for the mornings is a mix of carrots, celery, and apple.

Please cite vetted sources for your claims. I'd love to see the data that supports your assertion that most of us do not eat breakfast and the studies that contradict scientific findings that meal timing doesn't matter.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for your citations because they do not exist.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    my juice of choice in the morning is..... coffee.... does that count? other than that I sometimes have a protein shake if my prelogged meals for the day are going to come up low on my macros, but never notice much of a difference in energy or performance between the days either way.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    "Most of you do not eat breakfast?"
    That's a blanket statement if I ever heard one.
    It happens I do juice. Mainly to get extra nutrients. But for me, juicing is a supplement to what I eat; it's not a meal replacement. I used to skip breakfast years ago...have learned the error of my ways and now always eat breakfast.

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Yep
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Wow.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Most people don't have time to juice in the mornings. Even if I did, I wouldn't. Having anything but water in the mornings makes me starving an hour later. If I don't eat until lunch, I don't feel hungry until lunch. That's just how it works for me. Everyone's different. Breakfast is a personal choice.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Start juicing for breakfast. Most of you do not eat breakfast. However, your body still need the nutrients and energy to get you to lunch or dinner..

Do you come into my kitchen and check on my breakfast? I eat breakfast but that's a personal choice and fits in with my activity. However meal timing is a personal preference just because it works for me or you does not mean it works for everyone else.

Personally I'd rather eats solid food rather the remove all the fibre from my foods. Good luck on your plan
  • drmarmareka
    drmarmareka Posts: 14 Member
    Options

This.

And why would I want to consume a "meal" that consisted only of carbs?

I have no issue getting in enough nutrients despite not eating breakfast. I eat around 2kg fresh fruit and vegetables a day. I prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them - i find it much more satisfying and chewing food encourages my digestive system to work properly.

I agree with you,
  • MrKbailey
    MrKbailey Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    "Most of you" is a blanket statement and a guess...lol :) However, a person may tend to skip breakfast when dieting as an attempt to lose weight. If a person prefer not to eat breakfast, there first meal of the day will be a "break fast" B) Also, I don't drink coffee, and I'm not sure juicing and coffee mix. :/
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    "Most of you" is a blanket statement and a guess...lol :) However, a person may tend to skip breakfast when dieting as an attempt to lose weight. If a person prefer not to eat breakfast, there first meal of the day will be a "break fast" B) Also, I don't drink coffee, and I'm not sure juicing and coffee mix. :/

Yes, lunch is my 'break fast'. There's nothing wrong with that.
  • brianpperkins
    Options

Another blanket statement devoid of fact and filled with supposition.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

So what is the problem with having your first meal of the day later in the day? If I am not hungry until lunch, why should I drink juice in the morning?

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

I have never heard anyone say that they are going on the "skip breakfast diet" to lose weight…

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I often have a smoothie for breakfast, but never just juice. I need fat and proteins. I add things like avocado, hemp hearts, soy milk, flax seeds to mine.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Is mixing the souls of my enemies with some top shelf liquor considered "juicing"?
  • MrKbailey
    MrKbailey Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    :o Why drink the souls of your enemies? I would say top shelf liquor may help you momentarily forget about your enemies :)