peanut butter - how to eat it?

Options
hi all. just brought myself a big jar of peanut butter and would love some ideas for delicious (and preferably healthy ways) to eat it. thanks :)

Replies

• AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    That's my favorite food ever! In oatmeal, on apples, on bananas, in smoothies, by itself, on celery, PB and J on whole wheat...those are the ways I eat it!
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    1 tsp of peanut butter spread on slice of toast + slice of cheese
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I've started eating it in porridge/oatmeal (added after cooking).
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love mine on a corncake for a snack
  • aFootballLife25
    aFootballLife25 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Look up PB2. Stuff is amazing. 45 calories per 2 tbsp serving, 40% protein.
  • darkestdayz
    darkestdayz Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I eat it with a spoon. New Balance is amazing!
  • AprilRN10
    Options
    I use PB2 in smoothies sometimes. It's alright, but I wouldn't say amazing. LOL
    I forgot about eating it on toast! I do that too. And on pancakes. Melted peanut butter is wonderful!
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    yumm! thanks for the ideas guys. for the pb oatmeal, would microwaving instant oatmeal and then just adding 1 tbsp. of pb work? or should you use 2?
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Mix with tomato sauce, cilantro, hot sauce, and a little unsweetened milk of your choice. Put on veggies/rice/meat.
  • Joe7178
    Joe7178 Posts: 105
    Options
    Look up PB2. Stuff is amazing. 45 calories per 2 tbsp serving, 40% protein.
  • Eilemi
    Eilemi Posts: 7
    Options
    I bought a jar a week ago and I've only had it on toast with banana on so far. This is a great thread!
  • AprilRN10
    Options
    yumm! thanks for the ideas guys. for the pb oatmeal, would microwaving instant oatmeal and then just adding 1 tbsp. of pb work? or should you use 2?

I don't know about instant...I only use the ones that you have to cook. I don't like instant because I know the other is better for me and I can eat more for my calorie buck. If I use real PB then one TBSP works fine. If I use PB2, then I use 2-3 TBSP.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I just love it on toast. If you get a good bread , it can be a nice meal. My kids like it on crackers or with am (jelly)
  • purplepiggy1
    Options
    off a sppon, on toast, on crackers
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    put it on a carrot.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    To be honest, on a spoon. I used to try to put it with stuff, but I really just wanted to PB so the extra was just un-need cals.
  • FarAway02
    FarAway02 Posts: 211
    Options
    How to eat it: pick up the jar. Get a spoon. Shove it in your mouth. Enjoy the mouth orgasm.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    How to eat it: pick up the jar. Get a spoon. Shove it in your mouth. Enjoy the mouth orgasm.

This, repeat as necessary
  • FarAway02
    FarAway02 Posts: 211
    Options

This, repeat as necessary

(usually 2 - 4 times a day!)
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    With a spoon!

I have mine with apple slices sometimes..