22 Pound Lost in One Week!

Options
Haha, because I cut my hair. :) I hadn't had a hair cut in a year, and it was down to my waist and very thick. I got it cut shoulder length and thinned out. I'm now showing a 22 pound loss for the week (I weigh at the same time every Sunday). :-D

Who knew hair could weigh that much? I doubt I lost more than 2 actual pounds!

Replies

• 23susu23
    23susu23 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is great. Hope you like the new look. My hair weighs nothing (unfortunately!)
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! That's awesome. New look, new you!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,927 Member
    Options
    Dang! I've already used up all of THAT fat free mass and it is not coming back fast enough to make a difference for my next weigh in :smiley:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    Pretty sure I could shave my head and it wouldn't make a difference on the scale.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Holy bejeebus, 22 pounds of hair?!!?!? O.O

I have quite thick hair, and now I'm sort of curious. Next time I get a cut, I'll have to do a before and after analysis.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds in one week. I don't recommend the "Stabbed in the liver and ice chips for a week" diet, though.
  • cbeet
    cbeet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Umm, you'll wanna check if your scale is properly calibrated. Hair rarely weighs more than a pound, and certainly your hair isn't 10x as thick as an average person's hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XduqBu1s44Y
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 pounds in one week. I don't recommend the "Stabbed in the liver and ice chips for a week" diet, though.

Don't be so negative - could be a best seller!

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I've been growing out my hair for 2 years and now am wondering if i should cut it! LOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    MelissaMJG wrote: »
    Haha, because I cut my hair. :) I hadn't had a hair cut in a year, and it was down to my waist and very thick. I got it cut shoulder length and thinned out. I'm now showing a 22 pound loss for the week (I weigh at the same time every Sunday). :-D

Who knew hair could weigh that much? I doubt I lost more than 2 actual pounds!

Did you get headaches????

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Wow, ... how do you like your new haircut?
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    What???? 22 lbs? I hope you donated it or something.
    i hope you donated it, too. i just donated 13" of my hair :smile:
  • cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ummm no.
  • cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    cosmo_momo wrote: »
    Ummm no.
    Huh?

You really think OP's hair weighed 20+lbs?
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I have a 20lb dumbell here, and not even if you had dreads and trapped a years worth of shed hair within them would I believe you had 20+ lbs of hair hanging from your head.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    My brother works in a salon. I've helped him out a few times and swept up and dumped bags or hair. A full bag of hair MAYBE weighed 5lbs. So I'm not buying the 22lbs loss because it was cut.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    22 lb of hair?

I have really long thick hair too ... often down to my hips. But I can assure you it is nowhere near 22 lb.

Just recently, in fact, it was long enough for me to sit on, and I had it cut back to waist length ... so a good 8-10 inches off the bottom. I wondered if I might lose half a kilo or something, but nope. No change. It does, however, feel a bit lighter ... a little bit less neck strain.