Did upping your calorie allowance help you lose weight faster?

Options
13»

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    For me, it does in the sense that if I'm full I don't binge on junk and blow my calorie limit for the day.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Um. No. But it helped me clear my mind, lift more weight, and be less hangry. Naturally, adding calories made me lose weight more slowly. Science.

Perhaps "faster" was the wrong word to use. "More effectively" would have been better.

Hey, I like the phrase more effectively. :D My whole weight loss journey I subscribed to eating more and losing at a slower rate, and I'm so glad I did. It made maintenance so much easier for me because my leap from losing to maintaining was not that big.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Um. No. But it helped me clear my mind, lift more weight, and be less hangry. Naturally, adding calories made me lose weight more slowly. Science.

Perhaps "faster" was the wrong word to use. "More effectively" would have been better.
    It was more effective for me to keep a bigger deficit and be done with it, rather than drag it out.

Not every hare takes a nap and lets the tortoise win.

LOL. I like that too.
  • jessmillross
    jessmillross Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies guys. I think I will up my limit a little because I don't think I'm being as good as I think I am. If I can be more consistent with a 150 extra calories then it is worth it.
  • cheezels83
    cheezels83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    One thing came to mind as soon as I read your post. 0.5lbs might not sound a lot. Look at this from another perspective. Just 0.5lbs from someone who is maybe already in the 100's somewhere is a lot more % than someone like me in the low 300's.
    If you are fitting in some exercise I don't see why you couldn't at least try for 2-3 weeks upping your calorie intake just a little with nutritious food and seeing what happens :-) BUT make sure that you log every single little thing so you know that you really are within that calorie range.