The first step - a 12 week target

Options
New week... new day... new start...need new inspiration. I don't want to be obese on holiday this year and think it possible (just?) to make this a first target. I'd need to average a loss of 2lb a week for 12 weeks. I'm going to try. Would you like to join me? New friends would be good too!

Replies

• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I feel like my weight loss has been totally all over the place recently and that I need to re-think and re-start, so happy to say yes!
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Great to meet you -It is good to have company on the next 12 week stretch of the way.
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My holiday is 6 weeks away, so I'll definitely join you for the first half - if that's ok? I'm at 178 and will commit to a lb a week (can't quite believe I'll achieve two but good on you) by 5:2. On non fasting days Ill still be doing five a day. For exercise I'll be doing 30 day shred minus the cardio (my knees are bad) with the usual mowing and bike riding with my daughter. Is there anything you'd like nagging/cheering on?
  • goodasgoldilox165
    Options
    This is good news Drift. It will be good to have your company. I don't know if an averabe of 2lb can be done - but it is worth a try for a short time
  • xMillyLouisex
    xMillyLouisex Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hey guys I need some new friends on here and a target cud really motivate us! im starting again fresh aswel! add me, we can do it :D
  • goodasgoldilox165
    Options
    You are very welcome! 12 weeks doesn't sound too bad -does it?
  • jacobievh
    jacobievh Posts: 10
    Options
    I need a bit of support too! Following illness I really need to get my diet straight and start by looking after myself. Today I'm starting a 12 week strict regime to make myself feel human again and not like a sick person who looks ten years older than they should.
  • BELIEVETHAT
    BELIEVETHAT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I feel the same way. New day and a new start. I am in :)
  • shadiel
    shadiel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    2lbs a week is doable, day by day!!!
  • Zeade
    Zeade Posts: 25
    Options
    I have 3 months (so almost 12 weeks right) to lose 16 kg :)
  • watchursize
    watchursize Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have yo yoed (is that even a word) for so long, now its time to get it right!! i will like to join please. 12 weeks sounds good.
  • jacobievh
    jacobievh Posts: 10
    Options
    I weigh 237 lb so I have a lot to loose!
  • trekchic42
    trekchic42 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to loose 2 lbs a week for 12 weeks!
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have similar goals. I have lost 32 lbs so far. And I have a vacation to my hometown planned in 11 weeks. I would love more than anything to lose another 18 lbs by then. Also getting a nice sun tan over the summer so I'll be tan and skinny when all my family and friends see me.
  • goodasgoldilox165
    Options
    Do join in - add me as a friend. It is good to travel in company
  • CharlieBook
    CharlieBook Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in too. only on my 2nd week and already feel like i am giving in to cravings :grumble: I'd love to be at target by October, so a 12 week push would be great to join :happy:

i have 4.5 weeks to my holiday where i NEED to get into a wetsuit, so will be trying hard to lose as much as possible by then! :happy:
  • BreMurie
    BreMurie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I told myself yesterday that I was giving myself 12 weeks, so I'd love to join your group :) I have 20 pounds to lose before September 24th (technically 15 weeks but I didn't want to give myself wiggle room UNTIL that date). I have a trip to Las Vegas at the end of September and I'm the maid of honor in my cousin's wedding in November, I also have a vacation to Mexico in December.... I have a LOT of things to get in shape for :)

I've tried a MILLION and two times to get to my goal weight and I always get close and give up... I hope to stick to it this time!!
  • mkathib
    mkathib Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Would love to join you! Haven't been losing myself at this moment, and have quit beating myself up about it but would love some modivation. Oh how I would love to lose two pounds a week....but just being healthy and having some motivational support would be even better for me right now!!
  • cam1300
    cam1300 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I think you're approaching weight loss in the right way. I too set myself interim targets. My ultimate goal is fairly far away so I am trying to keep motivation up in the meantime.

I am also going on holiday in 11 weeks and have set myself the goal of two pounds per week.

Feel free to send a friend request.
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I need a goal to aim for and 12 weeks sounds reasonable.