Water weight from fried foods and bread

Options

Replies

• NickiBaca
    NickiBaca Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good day everyone,

I actually have done a very similar experiment . And I can relate with this post . There are days that I know I didn't consume enough calories to gain weight but then I take not of what I eat and a lot of "bad" foods contain tons of sodium causing the rapid weight gain due to water. I have cut soda out completely since August 2014. So I drink nothing but water and sometimes after eating bad meals I do a water detox to get me back down to my lowest weight . When I first started my journey I was going back and forth making adjustments along the way and figured it isn't the calorie intake it is the foods that contain sodium . It does take me about a week to rid of the excess water . I usually gain about 5-8 pounds of water when I eat high sodium foods and that is only in a one day or two span . When I know I didn't eat 24,000 calories in two days to make up for the 8 pounds . So I figured it is water. When I do the detox water regimen I loose it all in a week and then from there I know I can stay back on my weight loss journey . I don't count water weight toward my goal weight loss if that makes sense ... Good luck to you all
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I eat bread every single day. 135 days in and I have lost 30# CICO
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    This mornings weight is 190.2. So, it appears that eating these foods will just hold onto the water and not let go. I guess the only weigh to get back to my regular weight is to stop the bread and fried foods and see if I can get back on track. It this is all water, them I am holding 4 pouds of water since last Thursday.

FFS, it's the SODIUM, not the bread. SODIUM.

Stop eating tons of salt. And, seriously...if you want a healthy form of carbs, try some vegetables.
    Don't be logical in here. It's ridiculous.
    74a2c6ddc5d5cfb860b8dee87dd6e27c339ba60f9853b16e15e67f2502565fd6.jpg
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    This mornings weight is 190.2. So, it appears that eating these foods will just hold onto the water and not let go. I guess the only weigh to get back to my regular weight is to stop the bread and fried foods and see if I can get back on track. It this is all water, them I am holding 4 pouds of water since last Thursday.

FFS, it's the SODIUM, not the bread. SODIUM.

Stop eating tons of salt. And, seriously...if you want a healthy form of carbs, try some vegetables.
    Don't be logical in here. It's ridiculous.
    74a2c6ddc5d5cfb860b8dee87dd6e27c339ba60f9853b16e15e67f2502565fd6.jpg

b750e62cac18432cb11ebd69cf92c1fbd63b4467445dae17696c27026d302cba.jpg

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    If my weight continues to decrease I think this might help prove the benefits of "cheat days" and the belief that the body gets used to a persons diet and the metabolism thereby allows down. My three days of bread and fried food might end up being the best turbo booster for me to loose the rest of my weight goal.

I tried to give a long-winded answer that might help explain it. What you're experiencing has nothing to do with metabolism. Not sure why you think it does in any way.

(Your use of "turbo booster" and "loose" makes me think you're really just trolling now. If not, apologies).
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Well as it was pointed out to you in the other thread, blaming the bread makes no sense when you also ate over 2700 calories including a foot long chilli dog, french fries, popcorn then in the other days a waffle, 36 oz of beer, more popcorn, home fries. Also that you think you can see any kind of real trends when your intake varies from 2700 to 1000 calories per day. All a bunch of assumptions by you.

This...though I'm a bit late to the conversation. :)

Don, for me, I do retain water when I eat high sodium, and it does take about a week to dissipate, but I eat bread every day and generally my weight is pretty steady within a small normal range.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    amwcnw wrote: »

I'm baking homemade bread right now, and it smells so good! It's white with flax seed, chia seed, wheat germ, currants and nuts. Can't wait to make my chicken sandwich with it tomorrow.

Don, you want some of my bread? :D
  • Angiefit4life
    Options
    Me me I want some!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

I'm baking homemade bread right now, and it smells so good! It's white with flax seed, chia seed, wheat germ, currants and nuts. Can't wait to make my chicken sandwich with it tomorrow.

That sounds really good! I've been eating a bread, Pepperidge Farm I think, that has 5g fiber and 5g protein, which is pretty good for bread and it tastes good. But now you're making me want to make some homemade bread. I know it's cheating, but I have a bread machine.

• SLLRunner
    Options
    Me me I want some!

It's almost done!

49ae4d307a94bfa40a35809e572a58ea.jpg
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Me me I want some!

It's almost done!

:o That looks fantastic!!
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    dsalveson wrote: »
    Me me I want some!

It's almost done!

:o That looks fantastic!!

I'll be honest....that loaf is not mine.

Mine is better!
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

That sounds really good! I've been eating a bread, Pepperidge Farm I think, that has 5g fiber and 5g protein, which is pretty good for bread and it tastes good. But now you're making me want to make some homemade bread. I know it's cheating, but I have a bread machine.

My bread does have more calories than most store bought bread, but mine goes a long way.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I can just imagine...mmmm :love:!
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    @donjtomasco, I apologize, but I have derailed your conversation with talk about bread . :)
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    Shame on you...what were you thinking.... :wink:
  • Angiefit4life
    Options
    I seriously could eat the entire loaf but that wouldn't be in moderation:)
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    But isn't this more about your overall weekly....just cut something out every day for the other 6 days...problem solved!!
    In this case you can have your bread and eat it too :smiley:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    She looks like she is a drinker and smokes crack. Lol. Good one!!!!!

tumblr_ncbd1dtKCz1tv4k5po1_500.gif

Did anyone mention yet that it's likely sodium and not bread?

Friday your sodium was 4,009. That's enough to put a solid 5 pounds of water weight on me overnight. Actually, that happened last Tuesday when I had pizza. I can't even imagine what Thursday's 7,636 of sodium contributed to your gain. That's more than 3 days worth of recommended MAXIMUM sodium intake on that one day alone. But hey if you want to blame the evil bread, go for it.