Gaining anf lifting. how much red meat is ok?

Options
124»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You want to get strong and gain muscle. Eat meat. It is healthy and does the body well. How people get on a rant that it is not good for you and you should eat plants and *kitten* is beyond me. They are not going to be the bigger or stronger members of any gym I tell you that.

Not eating meat =/= plant based diet. And the post was about red meat anyway.

Also...really?? You know this for a fact?
  • Sarauk2sf
    edited April 2015
    Options

Yes, its a good source of protein and has some additional beneficial nutrients.

However, the most bioavailable complete proteins are not red meat, and you can get niacin from other sources - in fact, fish and white meat per give a better bang for your buck with this. Nuts, sunflower seeds, avocados, peas and mushrooms are also a good source.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    You want to get strong and gain muscle. Eat meat. It is healthy and does the body well. How people get on a rant that it is not good for you and you should eat plants and *kitten* is beyond me. They are not going to be the bigger or stronger members of any gym I tell you that.

I didn't agree with the veggie guy but I have to say I don't agree with you either. There's plenty of people who do well without meat, for me personally it would just be too difficult, but there are definitely vegans and vegetarians out there who are bigger and stronger than me (and, I'm guessing, you too).

OP asked about consumption of red meat so is obviously already a meat eater.

• tcurry21
    tcurry21 Posts: 1
    Options
    Meat good eat meat grow strong mmm
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    tcurry21 wrote: »
    Meat good eat meat grow strong mmm

Or just get on a good lifting program, work hard, get enough protein and fuel your workouts maybe.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'm still entertained that the most sane and rational person in this thread is a vegetarian who is suggesting people eat moderate amounts of red meat to help fulfill their protein goal if they like it and don't have a reason to not eat it...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Lots of strong first posts in this thread