Food scale

Options
jniece55
jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
does anyone have issues with their food scale reading all different numbers? I just got mine but it seems to be acting weird. It will say zero when I know it's not zero and then the amount will be off.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    What kind of food scale is it? Are you sure you're not hitting "tare" by accident once you put something on it?
  • jniece55
    Options
    The on button and the rare button are the same button. I could be. It's ozeri
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    That's how they tend to act when the battery is real low. ? Or maybe you just got a lemon. I'd check the battery unless you want a reason to return it.

You say "then the amount will be off." Is it off on the light side. Is it alway off by the same amount? That sounds like you've entered tare like arditarose said.

Tare is like the weight of the container in which you are weighing stuff. Typically you put a bowl on the scale and it weighs 3 ounces. You press tare and the scale reads 0. You put half a pound of stuff in the bowl and the scale reads 8 ounces even though there are 11 ounces on the scale including the bowl. That's tare, the weight of the container.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Be sure you have it on a level surface. One of my counters has a slope to it, or sometimes something slips under the foot of mine, and I get similar weird issues when that happens.
  • jniece55
    Options
    I'll check both of those! One minute it will keep reading zero and then the next it'll say ten ounces when I know i just measured 3 ounces