Polar Loop

Options
Any polar loop users that could help me sync it with MFP? I've followed the instructions.. For some reason MFP is not picking it up. Thank you in advance !

Replies

• Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to sync with the Polar website or your phone? On the Iphone you need to give Polor Flow permission to link to MFP before it will sync.
  • karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yes.. I did that. It picks up my steps but not the rest of my activity such as my workouts.
  • Keiko385
    Options
    Do you use polar beat to record them or just polar flow? If not it will only sync steps and calories burned

It's not perfect when syncing as the activity names are not the same as in MFP but the beat app will sync over to polar flow then over to mfp.
  • karibeargirl
    Options
    Just polar flow. So I should use the polar beat app over polar flow then?
  • Keiko385
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You'll need the beat app if you want mfp to sync actual exercises.

It took me a while to figure it out but it pretty simple once you get the hang of it. You will still need the Flow app to see all your other data.

• karibeargirl
    Options
    Great!! If I knew it was going to be this complicated.. I would of invested in a Garmin or fit bit. But I love the polar brand. Thank you for your help... Greatly appreciated! I downloaded the best app, so hopefully I'll get it to sync.
  • Keiko385
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Since this is a brand new integration for Polar maybe they will get us a fix for it but dont count on it. Other than that I have been very happy with my Loop and it seems to be quite accurate.
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to use the Beat App.

In the Polar Flow Moble app under settings/connection make sure My Fittness Pal is turned on and all workouts and steps will be transferred over.
  • karibeargirl
    Options
    gsh0824 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to use the Beat App.

In the Polar Flow Moble app under settings/connection make sure My Fittness Pal is turned on and all workouts and steps will be transferred over.

Yep!! It's check marked.. Only syncs my steps
  • karibeargirl
    Options
    Keiko385 wrote: »
    Since this is a brand new integration for Polar maybe they will get us a fix for it but dont count on it. Other than that I have been very happy with my Loop and it seems to be quite accurate.

Yes!! Other than not being able to sync.. I'm pretty happy with my loop
  • Keiko385
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You only need the Beat app if you want to record specific activity and be able to track it. It will pick up your HRM or Stride Sensor. I've found that if I use the HRM with just the loop it registers on MFP as running @ 9MPH (6.5 min mile) no matter what I have done exercise wise.
  • karibeargirl
    Options
    Keiko385 wrote: »
    You only need the Beat app if you want to record specific activity and be able to track it. It will pick up your HRM or Stride Sensor. I've found that if I use the HRM with just the loop it registers on MFP as running @6.5MPH no matter what I have done exercise wise.

Gotcha!! I use the chest belt
  • Keiko385
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If dsm1gjzxy7o8.jpg
    it connected correctly you should see something like this. Everything was from Polar Beat, the "run" was just from the loop
  • karibeargirl
    Options
    Great! Thank you!
  • TannunisFred
    TannunisFred Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't see a place to check Myfitnesspal in the settings for the Polar App on my phone. I see Google Fit