Help in Maintaining Weight while Losing Weight

Options
vindictus168
vindictus168 Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Hey guys.

I have been reading a lot of posts here lately to get to the bottom of my interest and it seems I havent yet found what I was looking for.

So... i need help here.

As the title displays, I want to maintain weight while losing weight. I know it's a bit confusing at first glance. So here I'm going to give a bit of my personal data.

Sex: Male
Height: 5ft. 4.5inches
Weight: 62kg.

As anyone can see, I'm already at the ideal body weight for my height and age group. The only prob is, I still have some excess fat around my stomach area, arms, etc. You get the gist of it.

What I want to know is how do I maintain weight while I shed down those excess fat.

So any tips here or suggestions on Diet, Calorie Tracking and Intake, etc would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I'm just starting out at the gym. An hour of workout, 4 days a week.

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    49708583.jpg
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    OK ... what are you trying to do? Lose weight or maintain weight?

They are two very different things.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about maintaining weight while losing inches? Like recomping?
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Lose fat. Build muscle. That's what you want to do.
    Eat at maintenance calories. High protein. 3-4 strength workouts / week. Should eventually lose some fat and build a little muscle.
  • vindictus168
    Options
    Mostly on maintaining weight. I dont mind if i fain a few extra kilos as long as the excess fat is out of the system, if that is possible. Unless I'm aiming at a really crazy goal?
  • vindictus168
    Options
    Spyer116 wrote: »
    Lose fat. Build muscle. That's what you want to do.
    Eat at maintenance calories. High protein. 3-4 strength workouts / week. Should eventually lose some fat and build a little muscle.

Thanks a lot. :)

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yes you are right about confusing. :smile:
    "Help in Maintaining Weight while Losing Fat" would be a far better title for the thread!

You should see good progress recomping as you have a lot of factors in your favour (male, young, new to gym).

So any tips here or suggestions on Diet, Calorie Tracking and Intake
    Diet - have a read of this.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

Calorie tracking and intake - eat the right number of calories to maintain your weight, adjust as required. (Custom set goals)

Would also recommend tracking measurements as well as weight.

Researching beginer's weight lifting routines would be a good idea as I see so many people wasting their time and effort in the gym.