Girl, I am impressed!

Thanks!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    But Tupperware is awesome !!! <3o:)

Of course it is.

I think the point is that if you buy it in the normal way (not the 21 day fix thing) it's not $99.

It also won't come with workout DVDs.
  • kascott4691
    kascott4691 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Could you tell how you make these recipes?

I really just follow the recipes. I usually don't add anything but I will take some ingredients out. I still calculate the calories that the recipes say I will take in even if it may be a little less.
  • kascott4691
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Safe to say you've thought this through. Nice job. I wouldn't be able to do that, I'm personally not a fan of eating food that was cooked older then 2 days.
    Usually I'm not but I have to make this sacrifice for me to reach my goal. :#
  • kascott4691
    Options
    Shalaurise wrote: »
    This doesn't even compute for me... Do you not have anyone else in your house to worry about feeding or sharing the fridge with. I can totally see this as feasible as a single person, but with a family... I can't keep the kid out of anything.

Yea, it's just they have their foods that I cook and my foods that I cook. Different color containers! Works wonders.
  • kascott4691
    Options
    beaches222 wrote: »
    Oh my GOODNESS! YOU did your thing! Impressive!
    Thanks! :)
  • kascott4691
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    And I was proud of bringing my lunch to work and preparing each the night before...for a week straight :(

That will work but I like just cooking once a week and get it over with. Plus after work(3:15) I go straight to the gym and I may have 30 minutes to eat when I finally get home. I don't like to eat after 7 so I know all I have to do is pop dinner in the microwave and I'm eating within two minutes. I don't have time to cook a meal and eat. :#

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Very very impressive. I hear wonderful things about once-a-month cooking too but I don't have the freezer space or the energy to try it. I'm always impressed by those who are super organized like this!

Funny some people mention age: I'm 46 and the mom of 2 teenagers and I just finally, finally got into the habit of planning weekly dinners. Lunches just end up being leftovers, if the 13 yo son leaves anything behind at dinner.
  • kascott4691
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Holy smokes, well done!

Thanks!
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    That's great! My weakest areas are the two Ps - planning and prepareing. You did a wonderful job!
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    wow....My hubby & I are getting better at the pre-planning, but obviously have a ways to go. LOL, great job!
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wow, I'm impressed! Great job and thanks for sharing! I will be using you as inspiration during my next meal prep! :)
  • kascott4691
    Options
    That's great! My weakest areas are the two Ps - planning and prepareing. You did a wonderful job!
    All through the week I am looking up different recipes that I can cook so that my food will not get boring and I still stay with my calorie goal. On Saturday, I take my grocery list to the store and spend anywhere from 40-60 bucks sometimes less depending on what I already have in the cabinet . After church, I cook and it takes about 2 hours to cook and I pop all my meats in the oven and put it on broil and I get to my veggies. While everything is cooking on working on another part. I do my deserts and snacks last. Portioning and packing everything out takes 10 minutes and it's over with. I have my TV on and watching tv at the same time. The time flies by. You can do it! Just look for recipes and start there!
  • kascott4691
    Options

When I wake up to prepare for church I take my frozen meats and I sat them out to thaw and when I get home they are thawed enough to start seasoning.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Amazing dedication! Wish I could do that.. I have a little rebel brat inside of me that throws tantrums when more than one day is planned. I can eat the same exact meal for all 3 meals 3 days straight and not complain, but when I tried to plan a week I ended up throwing most of it out because "chicken? no way! how did I ever convince myself chicken was a good idea?", "chips? the hell with chips I feel like having grilled veggies", "yeah, not doing this today.. I feel like grazing", "ehh, grilled veggies? no thank you I will stick to instant noodles" and so on...

I rarely even plan my days unless there is an event or if I'm going out. I just eat as I go.
  • kascott4691
    Options
    Funship wrote: »
    wow....My hubby & I are getting better at the pre-planning, but obviously have a ways to go. LOL, great job!

I have a ways to go as well. I'm trying to cut my cooking time by 30 minutes. I will see if that will be possible on Sunday. I think I may take my meats out Saturday night and put them in the fridge so I can season when I wake up on Sunday morning!
  • kascott4691
    Options
    Wow, I'm impressed! Great job and thanks for sharing! I will be using you as inspiration during my next meal prep! :)

Thanks we are here to help each other in our journeys! :)
  • kascott4691
    Options
    Nice!! I cook lunches for the week, generally 2 different dishes for me, and 2 for my husband so that we can alternate.

I got my containers from Ikea, they're $2 a pop and have the best seal on them, even soup doesn't leak.

I may have to go to ikea to get some. I don't have any leakage but I want to just have more Tupperware on hand.
  • kascott4691
    Options
    Amazing dedication! Wish I could do that.. I have a little rebel brat inside of me that throws tantrums when more than one day is planned. I can eat the same exact meal for all 3 meals 3 days straight and not complain, but when I tried to plan a week I ended up throwing most of it out because "chicken? no way! how did I ever convince myself chicken was a good idea?", "chips? the hell with chips I feel like having grilled veggies", "yeah, not doing this today.. I feel like grazing", "ehh, grilled veggies? no thank you I will stick to instant noodles" and so on...

I rarely even plan my days unless there is an event or if I'm going out. I just eat as I go.
    Try some of you favorite recipes just the low calorie versions. You will be surprised.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    But Tupperware is awesome !!! <3o:)

Of course it is.

I think the point is that if you buy it in the normal way (not the 21 day fix thing) it's not $99.

It also won't come with workout DVDs.

This is true. Although maybe they should consider it! ;-)