My Time Is Now!

I have tried this all before but failed epically. I have this looming feeling that I can't do it but this time is different. I really want to lose the weight now! I am a single mom and full time nursing student so my diet usually consists of fast food :( I am to a point where I am overall unhappy with the way I look and feel. So now is the time!! Let me know your story! How did you do it? At this point...tell me anything positive!

Replies

• decotterell
    decotterell Posts: 47 Member
    I have a daughter getting ready to start nursing school. I am a paramedic and used my job as a reason for not following a proper diet. Like you, I finally made up my mind that I had to do it. I started July 7th, 2014. I weighed 219.5. I have faithfully logged my calories all but one of those days. I try to be honest in what I log and try to always stay under my calorie limit. For the last two and a half months, I have been successfully maintaining a weight of 160 pounds. I will just say to be diligent and it will happen. You can succeed. At 48, I didn't think I could ever get under 190. Now even at 160, I log my calories every day and try to stay at my limit. Wishing you the best and don't get discouraged.
  • That is awesome! You should be very proud of yourself for that accomplishment. Thanks for the inspiration. It's nice to know it really can be done!
  • MsPican
    MsPican Posts: 46 Member
    You have to prepare meals to go. I know you don't have the time but guess what... You do. We prioritize what's important to us and make time for it. I don't make anything fancy. I try to keep it simple. I'm still learning what I'll like to tote as meals and healthy snacks. Sometimes I'll bring something with me and don't eat it cuz I just don't want it cuz I know it won't taste good. I'm trying to diet thus time n not lose taste. My last diet was gross.
  • I am a mom and a student too (not full time this semester). This is my first semester being part time. But I do have a full time job at BURGER KING as a supervisor. I guess my story ends there! I work around food and terrible food at that so I just keep telling myself tomorrow I'll start a diet. Then tomorrow comes and I eat burger kind with the excuse that I have an exam or project for school and now it's not the time blah blah. But I am tired I refuse to start my summer overweight. I want to feel sexy again lol
  • MsPican
    MsPican Posts: 46 Member
    If you bring your own healthy food and eat your own food every two hours and stay full off of those you might stay away. I completely understand you situation.
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Try to avoid making excuses. It's faster to make a healthy sandwich than it is to hit a drive thru window. You can get into a routine and get it done. My progress was slow but I did it all by counting calories and exercising every chance I could. I avoided the fad/extreme diets and did it slow and steady. I'm still struggling but it's the best way to go.
  • Danny21313
    Danny21313 Posts: 2 Member
    I feel you. I been struggling with my weight for years. this is my last attempt at loosing weight with healthy eating and exercise. If I don't lose a significant amount by the end of summer I think i will do lap band. the hardest part is getting in the habit of not going to fast food places.
  • Rodri91
    Rodri91 Posts: 9 Member
    I actually work at a mcdonalds and go to school aswell. I've lost 65 lbs while working there. I mainly drink water now, i still eat the things i love but i'm more considerate of high calorie things and go for smaller portions. I also eat every 3 hours to try to boost my metabolism. On top of that i walk on the treadmill for an hour everyday and i escalate the intensity every so often. I have been trying to get into mild weight training and have been thinking about yoga.
  • Thank you all so much!! You all are amazing!!