Losing upper stomach fat

Options
I have an unsightly bunch under my chest and above my belly button. I've also suffered with arthritis knees lately. Any advice ?

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just consume less calories than you burn. It's the name of the game. That can be done by restricting your calorie intake, increasing your exercise, or both.
  • traleen
    traleen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Be patient in other words
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    traleen wrote: »
    Be patient in other words

Yes. You can't spot reduce; fat is lost through a calorie deficit. It will come off when/where it wants to come off.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @traleen Oh no. You have to do what @galgenstrick says first, THEN be patient. It will happen. There are countless people on here who will testify that CICO works. :smiley:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Be patient...and accurate. The fat will come off, whether your upper belly is the first or the last thing to slim down.
  • akgeenaminto
    akgeenaminto Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Just consume less calories than you burn. It's the name of the game. That can be done by restricting your calorie intake, increasing your exercise, or both.

This
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite of you. Above my belly button my abs have finally shined through, below the belly button is another story. Unlucky for us, we can't spot reduce. I may continue to lose fat from the upper half for months to come before the bottom half starts losing. As everyone else said, just be patient and keep at it. Set yourself up for the long run.
  • traleen
    traleen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yup thanks all. Been at it for 6 months now so I will carry on. : ). Maybe in another 6 months I'll see abs.
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm down 50 pounds and the only places I really still see the fat are around the belly button and backs of upper arms--the two places that have always most bothered me! First to come on will the be last to leave!
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Don't forget to lift weights as you lose.......seems to help.