Before and During. 250 lbs to 220 lbs.

Options
2»

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Wow, all that hard work is sure showing. Congrats!! You are also quite an inspiration for others.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Great job! Impressive start and it's nice too see results so soon, it helps with motivation.
  • XgrandifloraX
    XgrandifloraX Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    mzmom82 wrote: »
    I am just starting, at 248 I feel hopeless but your weightloss is motivation! Great job! Are you just watching what you eat or are you exercising a lot? Any tips would be helpful :smile:

Aww! I'm glad I was able to motivate you! To answer your question, both. haha I watch what I eat. A typical day for me consists of oatmeal with honey and cinnamon or scrambled eggs with salsa for breakfast, a banana or apple after I workout, brown rice with grilled veggies and salmon/tuna or a salad for lunch, and dinner is literally whatever the rest of the household is having but I take a smaller portion and put it next to a salad or veggies. They will be eating massive amounts of pasta, and I have a small bit and a big side salad.

I drink green tea between meals if I feel I need a snack, and I have a water bottle that a refill multiple times throughout the day.

Doing it this way, I don't really feel like I've given up very much. I especially like that I allow myself to eat the same dinner as everyone else. Even if it is just a small portion. I think giving up too much can actually hurt you in the long run. I'm changing for life, not for right now.

For exercise, I run 5K Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. In the middle of my runs, there's a small hill I run up and down 20 times. The rest of the week is a mix of yoga (I suggest Yoga with Adriene on YouTube or DoYouYoga), pilates (I suggest Blogilates on YouTube), and HIIT (I suggest FitnessBlender). I don't really have a set workout schedule, except for running. Everything else is what I feel like doing at the time. Some weeks I'll do nothing but run and yoga, or run and pilates, or run and HIIT, or run and everything. I like to switch it up and keep it interesting. As you can tell, I get all of my workouts from YouTube and nature. I don't go to the gym, and I'm still losing weight.

I hope this helps!

• XgrandifloraX
    Options
    amcook4 wrote: »
    Job well done!
    Thank you!
  • XgrandifloraX
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    Wow, all that hard work is sure showing. Congrats!! You are also quite an inspiration for others.

Thank you! I'm glad I can inspire others! I didn't think there would be a big difference so soon, but there is. I want people to know that you don't have to wait a year to see results. Just start changing some of your habits to healthy ones, and in a few months you'll be a different person.
  • XgrandifloraX
    Options
    Jelaan wrote: »
    Great job! Impressive start and it's nice too see results so soon, it helps with motivation.

Thank you! I'm happy to motivate others! :D
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Great job-you look awesome!!! Very inspiring!!! Thanks for the tips-it really helps!!! B)
  • XgrandifloraX
    Options
    smkondy wrote: »
    Great job-you look awesome!!! Very inspiring!!! Thanks for the tips-it really helps!!! B)

Thank you! And no problem. I'm always looking for tips, too!
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic! :smile:
  • bchapgirl
    bchapgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! We are not in a sprint, it's a journey. Keep it up, only my 7th day at tracking, but every day counts!

• XgrandifloraX
    Options
    hezemakiah wrote: »
    Congratulations! You look fantastic! :smile:

Thank you!
  • XgrandifloraX
    Options
    bchapgirl wrote: »
    Awesome job! We are not in a sprint, it's a journey. Keep it up, only my 7th day at tracking, but every day counts!

Thank you! So true! Good luck on your journey, too!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!