Burn, Balance or Build recipe book

Options
chloeelizabethm
chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
For those of you that collect recipe books like me here is a good one that has three different ways for each recipe depending on if you are on a cut, maintaining or gaining weight. It substitutes ingredients for 95% of the recipes to alter them rather than just changing portion size and it has breakfast, snack and main meal sections. I should probably mention that the recipes include things like thai red curry, beef goulash, duck with sesame noodles, chilli chicken ramen, gingerbread bites etc etc. On Amazon (link at the bottom) you can view the index for all the recipes.

g6yzdj2k2a5n.png

It also has different weekly plans depending on your lifestyle, how often you exercise and what your goal is. I've put a couple of snapshots below to help explain.

r3kztzap7t0p.png

65fg9q009wn6.png

Here is the link to the book, a little pricey but totally worth it :)

amazon.co.uk/Fitness-Gourmet-Delicious-performance-Soulmate/dp/1909342823

Replies

• KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Going to look into it!
    Btw...I collect cookbooks too--waaaay too many but I'll never get rid of them!
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    It's unfortunate that the book preview doesn't seem to cover any pages that have actual recipes on them, so the only way to get a feel for the recipes is by looking at the titles in the index.

Have you tried any recipes out yet?
  • chloeelizabethm
    Options
    I know! A bit annoying, I only took the plunge as I had seen it in a bookstore already but it was cheaper on Amazon. I've just made the beef goulash so far and it was amazing! The book is true to it's word and uses 99% 'normal' ingredients that you would usually buy and doesn't require any particular equipment that I've noticed and it all seems fairly easy to make. I would say it's definitely one of those books that you would realistically make each recipe which makes for a welcome change.

I'll be making something else from it tomorrow, so will update then!
  • chloeelizabethm
    Options
    So I made the duck with soy and ginger and sesame black noodles last night. I used the burn version of the recipe so replaced the noodles with courgette noodles. It was really good, quick and easy to make and came in at 429 calories with 40g protein :)
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Keep us posted with the recipe experiments.
  • chloeelizabethm
    Options
    Last night's creation was chicken with giant cous cous, fennel, pear, pomegranate and walnut. It was ok, a bit dry, but I did leave out the fennel because I don't like it so maybe that would've added a bit of wetness! Essentially a good meal though, with the burn version replacing giant cous cous with roasted celeriac :)

It came in at 490 calories, 50g protein (150g chicken), 30g carbs and 17g fat.