Fed up being fat

Options
Hi there,

My name is Gail and I am Scottish.

I have been over weight for 6 years now and am fed up with it. It isn't helping my depression that's for sure !

I love my food and I also comfort eat ,so am going to struggle to lose weight. However, I am determined to lose weight because I am fed up having to cover up in the summer due to being embarrased about my fatness.

I'd love to wear a nice summer dress again with confidence. My belly is the biggest problem. I presently have a 46 inch waist !! Which is shocking I know ! Not only does a big belly look unsightly but apparently , this is the most dangerous area to accumulate weight . I have weight all over but my belly upsets me the most.

Is there anyone in the 'same boat' ?

Replies

• Marcel182
    Marcel182 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome and best of luck on the way to your goal.

Of course, luck has nothing to do with it. It's all about discipline and self-control, at least at first. Once you start building healthy habits, a healthy lifestyle becomes almost effortless. A good piece of advice is this : think about getting fit in the long term. Better to start with small changes and making them stick than completely alter the way you eat/exercise and be overwhelmed after 3 weeks.

I used to have a pretty big belly myself and thought I'd never get rid of it. But I'm now in the best shape of my life and very happy with my body. One thing I know for sure : if I could do it, then anyone can.

Feel free to add me to your friends list!
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can do this! Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • HollysLife
    HollysLife Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good luck with your ongoing journey. I'm aiming high with you :)

Congratulations on your achievements so far, as well!

In my case "luck" had everything to do with it... everytime i reach for my goal, something goes wrong with my health (strokes, DVT's, influenza, pneumonia, tendon rupture, etc) so I'm hoping to be a lot luckier this time B) lol
  • sierra062000
    sierra062000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with holly. My health has taken numerous hits as well. It seems like I have 2 things pushing against me for every one thing I accomplish. I have no choice but to lose the weigh if I want to get rid of some of my health problems. But it is not so easy as I have been trying for about 8 years. But I am determined and I won't give up. Every little but counts. Good luck and you can add me if you would like.
  • AprilNeblett
    AprilNeblett Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it, just take one day at a time.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hi Gail I am just the same and hoping to lose some weight so I can wear nice clothes this summer... fed up being overweight and I know what you mean about the depression... Good luck to you x