Early Morning Workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• alone_aqua
    alone_aqua Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    fairy2b wrote: »
    I am up at 4:30am every morning and I hate it. Sleeping in until 6am feels like such a luxury these days! But I do it because if I don't get up and go, I know myself and there is no way at the end of an exhausting day I'll hit the gym. I've tried and I just can't get myself there. Plus, my gym gets PACKED after work and I hate having to deal with crowds/parking/machine use (especially after a long day at work!). It's just another excuse for me. There are no excuses at 4:30am- that's just what I gotta do! Once I get going, I actually enjoy the quiet of the early morning and getting a head start on my day. My friends and family make fun of me, but I go to bed between 7:30pm-8pm so that I get 8 hours of solid sleep. It hasn't helped my social life, but it's helped my waistline! =)

I love the way this was worded. I suppose I'm assuming I should instantly love it! I must admit the empty gym was nice.... I will try for an entire week before I decided it's just not for me. I really appreciate everyone's help!

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Good luck finding the squat rack or power cage open after work.

As such, I'm up at 5AM to go to the gym.
  • RichardJones6
    RichardJones6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do my workouts in the evening! This way I avoid sitting in front of the TV and snacking!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I like the morning (6 am) because no matter what else happens during the day, my workout is finished. B)

• vhdt
    vhdt Posts: 3
    Options
    I personally enjoy a morning workout. It sets the tone for the whole day.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Good luck finding the squat rack or power cage open after work.

As such, I'm up at 5AM to go to the gym.

I'm about to have the opposite problem. I really don't want to get in my car and drive to the gym bc my complex has a weight room. Unfortunately, due to theft they only open it from 7am-10pm so I could only use it after work. Blech, I like my morning workouts!!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I started doing my 4.30am workout sesh 3 times a week about a month ago. So far it's going well. It's getting easier. Especially on my work days. I start at 6am so I go straight from the gym to work. Obviously I take my uniform with me and I shower and change after my workout.
  • ds6099
    ds6099 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Another early morning exerciser here. I'm done before work and that's a huge relief! I don't eat anything before I run my 4.5-5 miles though.