Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie (could easily be made gluten free)

Options
FarAway02
FarAway02 Posts: 211
2zxxkzc.jpg

Ingredients:

1/4 cup of oats
2 tbls whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbls maple syrup
3 tbls greek yoghurt
1 tbls chocolate chips
1 tbls chopped nuts

Instructions:

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Transfer to a bowl/plate/something with slightly risen sides. Microwave for 60 - 80 seconds. It is done when it's no longer sticky on the top and 'springs' back after you prod it gently!

Variations:

I personally left out the vanilla & cinnamon and replaced whole wheat flour with wholemeal. I used dark chocolate & walnuts. It was EPIC. Flaked almonds on top was pretty darn good too.

Gluten free variation:

Up baking powder to 1/2 teaspoon and replace the flour with a gluten free flour of your choice.

Calorie total:

Exact calories will vary on your choice of flower/chocolate/maple syrup/nuts etc. But I worked mine out as 330 calories. So you're looking at the 300 calories range for this DELIGHT :)

Replies

• framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing! I'll definitely be trying that at some point. Thanks for sharing :)
  • supadeliux
    supadeliux Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I kinda tried the same thing! an excellent breakfast!
  • sharon_moyer
    sharon_moyer Posts: 177
    Options
    I try to not even have that many calories in one snack food because that's like 1/4 of my daily calorie totally but it does look good.
  • FarAway02
    Options
    Good news!! I calculated a rubbishy greek yoghurt for the calories instead of a 'proper' greek yoghurt. Bringing my estimate of calories down by 9.

I used Rachel's orangic greek style natural yoghurt - by the way.

This isn't a snack food? This was my breakfast (well, lunch I suppose - got up late on my day off!).
  • FarAway02
    Options
    Also: if anyone attempts this and wants to log it I've made a custom food with full nutritional details included.

Here are full details:

2n7gz87.png
  • 1184cjs
    1184cjs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Looks tasty I'm going to try it!
  • stephroberson24
    Options
    How do I add this to my recipes? Looks fantastic
  • FarAway02
    Options
    How do I add this to my recipes? Looks fantastic

Unfortunately I don't think you can add this straight to your recipes. If you go food > database > type in 'Homemade Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie' you can log it in..

But to save the recipe I suppose your best bet is to bookmark this page. It does seem a shame not to be able to add things straight to your recipes - doesn't it? Or, do what I do and scribble it down into a healthy eating recipe notebook!

Alternatively if you food > recipes > you can type it in yourself and save it as your own personal recipe :)
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    yum thanks so much I am so gonna try these
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing!

Do you still eat it with a spoon, or can it be picked up?
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this recipe!
  • Giget
    Giget Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That looks sooo yummy!!
  • FarAway02
    Options
    That looks amazing!

Do you still eat it with a spoon, or can it be picked up?

Spoon. I think (if you wanted to take the risk!!) it may be capable of turning into a cookie if you did about 1/2 the amount of yoghurt and either baked it in the oven at 180 degrees C or put it in the microwave for an extra 30 - 45 seconds :)
  • FarAway02
    Options
    7.05am in the UK...bumping in case anyone needs a breakfast idea ;)
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Too late for today, so maybe tomorrow!!
  • foxys_mum
    foxys_mum Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Looks & sounds tasty, will have to get some yogurt & choc Chips to give a go.
  • PhoMaDDness
    Options
    SKIP the COOKIES, order PHO.

Pho, ask for a side order of broth (usually under $3) mix in half the amount of veggies; sprouts, basil, lemon. Side of raw onions with Sriracha and Chili. No Noodles, yes I said NO NOODLES. Guessing the bowl is approximately 2 cups. So I am guessing LESS than 300 calories and you have your PHO FIX for the week!!! Including Onions!!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    SKIP the COOKIES, order PHO.

Pho, ask for a side order of broth (usually under $3) mix in half the amount of veggies; sprouts, basil, lemon. Side of raw onions with Sriracha and Chili. No Noodles, yes I said NO NOODLES. Guessing the bowl is approximately 2 cups. So I am guessing LESS than 300 calories and you have your PHO FIX for the week!!! Including Onions!!

Pho is good, But for breakfast...not so much!

Totally going to try the gluten free version, Looks amazing!
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    keep
  • das1209
    das1209 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Will try the gluten free versions - maybe when I've lost a bit more weight as they sound so good I don't know that I could restrict myself to one!!!