Shredding? Losing 20 lbs fast and healthily

Options
Please tell me what you do to lose fast and healthily.
Recipes are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hi, There are lots of fad diets out there that promise to lose weight fast, in my experience when I lost fast it usually came back on fast. Slow and steady wins the race. A life style change takes time because we are trying to change what got us here in the first place. A lot of people cut carbs, juicing, cleansings but if you are not going to eat like this the rest of your life then why bother. It took a while to get to the point where we need to lose so lets take our time to take it off and keep it off. Good luck to you. If there is a quick fix let me know!!!
  • KaneNLN
    KaneNLN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You have 558 posts and you aren't aware of a calorie defecit... why do i even come on this forum
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Fast and healthily will not happen together. Focus on healthily: a deficit of .5-1 pound a week (definitely sticking to .5 during the final 10-15 pounds), log everything you eat accurately, eat back half of your exercise calories, and have a lot of patience.

Also, take a read through the links in this thread: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants#latest
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    zmusic wrote: »

The Rotation Diet by Dr. Martin Katahn of Vanderbilt University is designed to help you lose weight without lowering your metabolism rate. It was written 30 years ago and is still getting great reviews. I have used it several times to drop 20+ pounds in a month and it has always worked for me.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10141996/zs-rapid-reduction-rotation-diet#latest

That you've used it several times to drop twenty pounds is hardly encouraging. I think I'd look for the plan that someone didn't have to return to again and again.
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cal deficit and hard work
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Figure out your BMR and daily expedinture.
    Eat at a deficit

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

It's fairly simple. Eat fewer calories then you burn.
    To lose fat what you eat is not important , how much you eat is.
    Being healthy is more a function of your bf% and your cardiovascular condition and strength.

As for fast, that is realitive but simple math will give you a sample time frame. 1 pound of fat is equall to 3500 calories.
    So if you ate 500 fewer calories per day for a week you would lose 1 pound that week.

• NicoleMcQuillen
    Options
    21 day fix! =) it's fantastic!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I've been doing Keto and it's been easy and I feel great!!
    Now to get lots of working out in,.
  • bpifer15
    bpifer15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's all in your proper calorie count for the day. Do your research with you body type and stats to find what fits you best to loose weight. Don't adjust that calorie count for any extra exercising you do, consider that a bonus.
  • yskaldir
    yskaldir Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more, repeat for life.