Help!! i can't lose weight..

Options
Hello every one, i been on my life Journey for the past year, but for that past couple of Months I cant get it together I'm not watching what i eat I'm not working out like i use to and of course I'm not losing weight i can't get motivated to do the right thing i feel like just giving up and i only need 40 lbs get top my gold weight please HELP! !!. I've lost 64 lbs so far in the past year..

Replies

• NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    That's a great loss! I too only have about 40lbs to go, and it is much more difficult than I remember, this whole losing weight thing.

Can you think of anything that motivated you in the past? Does it not motivate you anymore? For example, I used to find going to the gym really motivated me to 'behave myself'. Then I got bored of going to the gym and spending 20 minutes on the treadmill, 5 minutes on the rowing machine, etc. So I switched to lifting weights and weighted machines, and now my motivation for going to the gym is definitely back!

What about food? Do you find that you tend to eat the same type of foods day in, day out? It might be time to learn some new cooking skills and get a bit more creative with your choice of foods.

Not the worlds best suggestions, but unfortunately there is nothing anyone can say that will motivate you; you have to feel it for yourself. Good luck!
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Start with the smallest steps you can identify. Maybe just logging your food. Or just getting out for a walk each day. Pick one small thing that you can focus on. Do it, no matter what. Allow yourself to feel awesome for doing it. And, when it starts to feel easier, pick another small thing to add.

You'll start to feel empowered and inspired and motivated, and before you know it, you'll be feeling like you can put all the pieces together to start your losses back up again!

Sometimes we don't "feel" motivated. But that actually doesn't have to stop us from *doing* what needs to be done. And the nice feelings will follow, if you let them. Focus on the positive -- if you do one right thing, praise yourself. Don't start a running commentary about all the things you didn't do, or could've done better, or shouldn't have done, etc.

To help myself with this, I started a private journal on Journalate (it's free). Every night, I go in, and I write. Sometimes just a little, it doesn't have to be fancy. One rule: It has to be positive. "I took three walks today and pushed myself to do my pilates, even though I was feeling like skipping it. And I saw a huge improvement on my bridge modifications! Plus, I had some really great food today." <-- Acceptable. "I took three walks today, but they weren't really fast or anything. I did my pilates, but my burpees felt really weak. And I overate, I shouldn't have had that turkish pizza, or that ginger snap." <-- Not acceptable. Both describe my day yesterday though. But I make the choice to list all the positive things, and NOT to touch on the negative. No "venting". I find "venting" really just fuels the negative, it doesn't let it out and transform it into something good. No. Forcing myself to see the good things, however small, is what allows the good things to grow. Fight to build yourself up, not pull yourself down.

I mean, you've lost 64 lbs in a year! That's amazing! You are amazing. Two months of not being in a deficit was maybe a break you/your body needed. And there's absolutely no reason you can't go after the next 40, and hit 100 loss. You're so capable! Don't focus on what you haven't been doing perfectly for a couple months. That's okay, and it's behind you now anyway. Ease forward, get going, you'll feel great once you do! (And maybe set your goal modestly to start. 1 lb a week? Forward is all you need, does not have to be full speed.)
  • Bolipm
    Bolipm Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank ladies it really means a lot your words of inspiration i really needed someone's opinion. .
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    set your ticker for small goal of 10lbs and walk as much as possible ...dont look at the bigger picture...it has really helped me to do it this way..perhaps it will be better for you as well..good luck add me if you like
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'd say start with logging your food. That REALLY helped me! I make it like a game now. I do all I can to keep my numbers out of the red. So if I want to eat that cheeseburger I know I should probably go for a run. It's hard but it's all about keeping yourself in check.

The fact you lost as much as you have is amazing. So to loose that last 40 you have to buckle down. As you get closer to your goal the harder is is for weight to come off. I'd start by logging your food on here. I'd also suggest trying to get a bit more active. Maybe go for a walk around the block after dinner or go for a bike ride after work. Something to get your heart rate up. The little things will go a long way in the end. :)
  • eharn02
    eharn02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

quote="futuremanda;32179365"]Start with the smallest steps you can identify. Maybe just logging your food. Or just getting out for a walk each day. Pick one small thing that you can focus on. Do it, no matter what. Allow yourself to feel awesome for doing it. And, when it starts to feel easier, pick another small thing to add.

You'll start to feel empowered and inspired and motivated, and before you know it, you'll be feeling like you can put all the pieces together to start your losses back up again!

Sometimes we don't "feel" motivated. But that actually doesn't have to stop us from *doing* what needs to be done. And the nice feelings will follow, if you let them. Focus on the positive -- if you do one right thing, praise yourself. Don't start a running commentary about all the things you didn't do, or could've done better, or shouldn't have done, etc.

To help myself with this, I started a private journal on Journalate (it's free). Every night, I go in, and I write. Sometimes just a little, it doesn't have to be fancy. One rule: It has to be positive. "I took three walks today and pushed myself to do my pilates, even though I was feeling like skipping it. And I saw a huge improvement on my bridge modifications! Plus, I had some really great food today." <-- Acceptable. "I took three walks today, but they weren't really fast or anything. I did my pilates, but my burpees felt really weak. And I overate, I shouldn't have had that turkish pizza, or that ginger snap." <-- Not acceptable. Both describe my day yesterday though. But I make the choice to list all the positive things, and NOT to touch on the negative. No "venting". I find "venting" really just fuels the negative, it doesn't let it out and transform it into something good. No. Forcing myself to see the good things, however small, is what allows the good things to grow. Fight to build yourself up, not pull yourself down.

I mean, you've lost 64 lbs in a year! That's amazing! You are amazing. Two months of not being in a deficit was maybe a break you/your body needed. And there's absolutely no reason you can't go after the next 40, and hit 100 loss. You're so capable! Don't focus on what you haven't been doing perfectly for a couple months. That's okay, and it's behind you now anyway. Ease forward, get going, you'll feel great once you do! (And maybe set your goal modestly to start. 1 lb a week? Forward is all you need, does not have to be full speed.)[/quote]

Awesome post, I so needed to hear this!! I focus on the positives in other areas of my life, but when it comes to weight loss, I am famous for focusing on the negative. Misery loves company, so the negative becomes a topic of conversation with my friends and co-workers (everyone chimes in with their poor decisions and it becomes a pity party instead of an encouraging conversation!). I will choose to focus on the positive and try to be more encouraging! Great advice, thank you!
  • eharn02
    eharn02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, I so needed to hear this!! I focus on the positives in other areas of my life, but when it comes to weight loss, I am famous for focusing on the negative. Misery loves company, so the negative becomes a topic of conversation with my friends and co-workers (everyone chimes in with their poor decisions and it becomes a pity party instead of an encouraging conversation!). I will choose to focus on the positive and try to be more encouraging! Great advice, thank you!