Losing Eating Disorder Weight Gain

Options
Hello,

My diary is public because I want to finally get rid of the extra 40 or so lbs I'm carrying around. Please add me if you'd like support or if you're in a similar situation.

My instagram is greek.yogurt.goddess

I've been struggling with Bulimia and Binge Eating for about 18 months and going to finally start tracking everything on here and actually working out routinely because the baggage from the weight gain is really depressing me at the moment.

I'll share more but not sure what else to write here.

<3

Replies

• Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Have you seen anyone for your eating disorders? I have a combo of Bulimia and Binge eating, further aggravated by manic depression and PMDD. I have fought these issues for about 15 years and in the last year decided to seek help. I hate to say it but just tracking is not enough while working through these. You need a team and whole aresenal of weapons and knowledge to work through this. I started slow, saw my doctor - got my vitals check and she referred my to a therapist specializing in eating disorders, I worked with her for a few months before you finally referred me a program with a variety of selections - full inpatient, outpatient, intensive outpatient,etc. These programs are designed to teach you how to cope with your eating disorder (what is driving it and then alternate coping mechanisms -for me it was how I comforted my anxiety levels), alternate methods, how to cook for yourself and feed yourself properly (monitored meals), nutrition, yoga classes, group sessions, intesive one on one therapy and the list goes on and on. Its built like a step program. The thought of it is very intimidating but when you are dealing with multiple disorders especially the two that you are, you can send your body into a complete mess. I did an intensive outpatient program (I work full time - so this was at night) and the first thing they do is a complete body check to figure out how to design a food plan to bring your body back into check. One of the other issues people often combat on the comback from Bulimia/binge eating is they go too far the other way and become anorexic. So its best to seek the help and guidance now if you really want a good, full healthy recovery. If you need anymore information or have any questions feel free to message me. You are young and you haven't been haunted by this for years and you do not want to get too far into it like me. Because as a former bulimic you should know in the past two years I have spent close to 10k getting my teeth fixed (cavities,rot, holes, root canals, etc from stomach acid), another 3k on braces ( when you have that much damage to your teeth, your teeth move) and then 5k on cosmetic dentistry ( when you have enough issues/fillings in your teeth, veneers are no longer an option and whitening will not help either. You have to get your teeth crowned). I'd hate to see another person go through all that when its still early in the game and they can be helped.

Good luck and I wish you the best!