IS BREAKFAST DESIRABLE OR NOT ????????????

Options
Eldee32
Eldee32 Posts: 40 Member
little confuse if breakfast is necessary or its ok to skip it. Because normally i am not able to take my breakfast before 11:30 / 12. But somewhere i read its not good to skip breakfast. It will be helpful if you post your views ........thanks...

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's okay to skip it if you want. It's okay to eat it if you want. Breakfast is one of those things that's personal preference.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    You do what you like. Meal timing is irrelevant for weight loss.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    What time you break your fast dosnt matter, all that matters is that you do eventually break your fast.
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone ... I like breakfast on the weekends because I can sit down and enjoy it with my family but on weekdays I just pack a few snacks the night before and if I feel like eating or I get hungry then I have a few things available but I never have a proper (or even a slightly proper) breakfast.
  • clg256
    clg256 Posts: 1
    Options
    I skip it! I can't stand to eat in the morning, so it's just calories that I didn't want in the first place!
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    clg256 wrote: »
    I skip it! I can't stand to eat in the morning, so it's just calories that I didn't want in the first place!

Exactly. Consider your calories/macros etc for the whole day and budget them for however/whenever you want (for weight loss). If skipping breakfast saves you 200 cals for when your head touches the pillow that night, you will be on track to loosing weight.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I am a breakfast person only because I am hungry in the mornings because I eat dinner early in the evening. Like everyone else said eat when you get hungry!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    How late do you eat at night? Are you a night owl? Do you get most of your calories in the evening/night?
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, meal timing is a preference thing and nothing more. I regularly break my daily fast at 11am with my biggest meal of the day.
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    To me breakfast is always desirable...... morning, noon or night!! Love me some eggs Benedict!!
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I can take it or leave it however, I do get that funny blood sugar drop feeling if I go too long without something. I find that routine is best for me. I have 2 slices of high fiber toast with butter and a cup of coffee at my desk during the week most mornings:) Eggs with toast and coffee on the weekends.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yep, like everyone said, it's personal preference and how it affects you. Maybe experiment for a week with it and a week without it and see which is easier or if you are hungrier either way.

I eat it because I enjoy it and usually feel like eating in the morning.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I like eating breakfast of an evening. I'm never hungry of a morning and usually in a rush. I can easily stay fasted for six hours or so after I've woken up. But I love Breakfast food such as cereal and Full English Breakfasts (toast, bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, mushrooms, ketchup etc), I just eat them in the evening when I have time to relax and enjoy them.
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I feel better and have more energy when I've eaten in the morning. Also, when I allow myself to get starving hungry, I tend to make poorer choices about how much and what kind of food to eat, so skipping meals tends to backfire for me and can trigger a binge. So I eat breakfast. If you don't have those problems, then it won't hurt to save your calories for later in the day.
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    On weekdays, I have breakfast by 7:30, but on weekends, my husband and I usually have brunch instead of 2 separate meals. Find what works for you - you might find after logging for a while that you see more positive results from one over the other.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    For me, if I don't have something to eat in the morning, I end up crashing before lunch. Usually just a Fiber One brownie is enough, unless I'm going to be exercising first thing.

Some people can't go without breakfast, some people just can't bring themselves to eat first thing in the morning. How you divide you daily calories is up to you, do whatever it is that works best for you.
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My previous trainer touted the old maxim, “Eat Breakfast Like a King, Lunch Like a Prince, and Dinner Like a Pauper”. It got me started eating breakfast, although it's still not my biggest meal of the day. My natural inclination is to eat more at the evening meal, although this concerns me because it's closest to bed time/inactivity.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    If you like eating in the a.m. then do that. If someone forced me to eat in the morning, I might have to kill them because I do not like eating until much later in the day.