Can you do whole body workouts everyday?

Options
and still get benefits?
I've heard many times not to workout the same muscle group in consecutive days -- that the muscles must rest in order to repair and grow.
But, does that only apply to weightlifting?

I prefer to do whole body workouts like: whole body kettlebell workouts, Pilates, plyometrics, body weight exercises, yoga and light running.

Since I am exercising all major muscle groups in my workouts, do I need to have rest days in between?

I don't plan to run races, compete in fitness shows, or win meets. My fitness goals are: to reduce the overall circumference of my body and to strengthen my core.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• lulufee317537
    lulufee317537 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think they say that when one is weightlifting each muscle to exhaustion, or near to it. If you want to work out everyday I would guess just make sure you're eating enough so you don't lose muscle. If it doesn't work for you, you'll know it because you WILL burn out after a few weeks of it!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you mean. If you’re working the muscles, breaking them down, then no. Yoga and light running, yes, you can do every day.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Only one way to find out.

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything super heavy duty, nor are you going for any lofty goals so I'd suspect you'll be mostly fine.