Vibrating machines ...

13»

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    any body use these ive got one but don't know if they make a difference can't see how I burn 300 cals in 15 mins just stood there ?

Short answer is.....you don't. It's all marketing hype.....having said that they can have a legitimate place in physiotherapy.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,919 Member
    any body use these ive got one but don't know if they make a difference can't see how I burn 300 cals in 15 mins just stood there ?
    Over exaggerated claims by seller. You can get STRONGER by using them with compound exercises according to a study done awhile back, but the vibroplate they used was the size of a like a small dining room table and not the ones that are no larger than a 18x18 plate.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Yeah these things have come back for some reason, although they're slightly different that the ones your grandparents owned. A friend of mine recently spent $300+ on one. I had a really hard time not smacking her upside the head with it because that's really all it's good for.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,919 Member
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    So far the internet is telling me 100 cals/hr. BUT also that the thingy can be very good for bone density.
    We have them here at our Wellness center (2 of them) and yes because of a big senior membership, we use them to improve bone density for those who are still having problems with doing physical exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png