To jump into insanity or not?

Options
Okay, so I'm going to be moving into my new house soon. Which is exciting on it's own.

Even more exciting is the fact that I'll actually have a space I can work out in. I've done half of Insanity before(and while I plan on doing it again someday), I was wondering if anyone knew of a program that starts off a little slower.

I think part of why I failed at Insanity is because I tried to go all gung ho while I wasn't in the best shape. I'm looking for something preferably low impact(I have concrete floors and have shin splint issues) and something that can be done without the use of weights or other tools.

Am I being too picky or should I just jump into Insanity again?

Replies

• bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You have to be very committed to Insanity in order to complete it (I've done Insanity and Insanity Max30). You can always modify the moves, and take breaks as you need them until you are able to do the moves unmodified and keep up with the video. There are also mats you can get that reduce the shock to your body when doing jumping moves. But if you are looking for all low impact moves, Insanity is not it. T25 is lower impact, as well as PIYO (really low impact). I'm sure there are other non beachbody workouts out there as well that are lower impact.
  • davidarook
    davidarook Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Iv done insanity and p90x
    In my opinion p90x was easier just a little longer and a lot of pull-ups and push ups
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Yeah Insanity is the very definition of a high-impact workout. Almost anything will be lower impact.