Down 13 lbs, goal motivated, no booze until...

Options
Hulbert0089
Hulbert0089 Posts: 97 Member
Hit a new high this winter and need to do get back into a healthy lifestyle. No beer/alchohol until I get 3/4 of the way. Its a gateway to bad food choices for 24 hours. It does something to my brain that makes me want to inhale Chipotle.

Dropped 7 lbs the first week and have stayed on track. Daily logging of everything keeps me accountable.

Good luck to all, stay motivated.

Replies

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Good luck :)
  • whb2015
    whb2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have the same response to alcohol. Keep up the great work!
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the same thing. I gave it up for lent and now I've only been allowing myself to drink on Sunday because typically I have work and school the next day so I know I can't go overboard.
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me. I was on the road for business for almost 6 weeks and between working long hours, eating out and having a cocktail or 3 in the evenings, I really went off the rails. I definitely feel your pain. Good luck to all of us!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I'm not normally a huge binge drinker but I went through some complications in my life. I Turned to alcohol to fix a self-deprecation issue. Didn't work. So, I haven't had a drink since New Year's. Something about getting almost blackout drunk and making out with a random dude named Cyrus at a bar while I, according to my friend, 'tried to have his baby on the dance floor' :astonished: just turned me off to the whole alcohol thing for a bit...

Really helps jump start the weight loss, though!
    Congrats on your loss!

I'm with @mckat08 Good luck to all of us!
  • Squatmama
    Squatmama Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I totally eat all the wrong stuff when I'm drinking! I've noticed a huge difference when I cut it out. Best of luck to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!